Game Thread: Buckeyes @ Whisky (ABC)

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Just because they are ranked high doesn't mean they are good look at Houston. Wisconsin is definitely a top 25 but just no fire power and fairly easy to stop. Ohio state doesn't have the down field threats right now.
I agree that Alabama is playing better overall than Ohio State right now. But as I survey the top FBS teams, OSU and Michigan are the teams I would least like to face. They both show me the kind of coaching, versatility, and star power that could match up well against us. Ohio State eeked out an OT win against Penn State in 2014 on their way to beating us in the playoffs. I am interested in where you would place OSU right now if not in the top 5. This OSU vs Whisky game was a hard-fought battle between 2 good teams, and the better team won.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
This question is aimed more at our in-house OSU guy - was last night a fairly typical Ohio State game, or have they been playing a bit better than that? Have they been able to run up the score against poor teams but are struggling a bit against top-tier competition?

Judged solely off the performances yesterday (I've seen only one OSU game), I would have to say that Alabama is not just the better team but playing at a whole different level right now. I do not think this even has much to do with coaching, or maybe even recruiting (I have the highest appreciation for OSU talent level).

FWIW I think OSU, Mich and A&M are the only teams I fear at all, and I think we could beat them all fairly easily.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
This question is aimed more at our in-house OSU guy - was last night a fairly typical Ohio State game, or have they been playing a bit better than that? Have they been able to run up the score against poor teams but are struggling a bit against top-tier competition?

Judged solely off the performances yesterday (I've seen only one OSU game), I would have to say that Alabama is not just the better team but playing at a whole different level right now. I do not think this even has much to do with coaching, or maybe even recruiting (I have the highest appreciation for OSU talent level).

FWIW I think OSU, Mich and A&M are the only teams I fear at all, and I think we could beat them all fairly easily.
I've watched OSU all season. They were really flat against a really hopped up Wisconsin. They are much better than what they showed, with their entire offense based on the run option of the QB, Barrett. If he's not running, it'd a different game. Look st this first vs second half last night as an example.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I have to agree with tattooguy 21. Meyer and the Bucks are a good team but struggled last night against Wisconsin on the road. Bama has also struggled at various times during the year but found a way to win. Good teams do that! It is obvious to me that Bama, OSU, Clemson and Michigan are far and away the best 4 teams in the country. I have not seen Washington play to make a determination. The disparity is huge after these teams but on any given Sat....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Our offense and defense have both played really well all season, but rather than think that I learned more about OSU last night, I believe that I learned more about Wisconsin. Wisconsin's defense is very good, and the players believe in their coaching staff. Add the night home game atmosphere (Madison is very much a party school, so the crowd was totally hopped up last night) and you have a nightmare scenario for an incoming team.

That said, I never felt like we were going to lose that game. Even when down by 2 scores, I knew that we would get it done. JT is very good with his back against the wall and he showed it last night.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Our offense and defense have both played really well all season, but rather than think that I learned more about OSU last night, I believe that I learned more about Wisconsin. Wisconsin's defense is very good, and the players believe in their coaching staff. Add the night home game atmosphere (Madison is very much a party school, so the crowd was totally hopped up last night) and you have a nightmare scenario for an incoming team.

That said, I never felt like we were going to lose that game. Even when down by 2 scores, I knew that we would get it done. JT is very good with his back against the wall and he showed it last night.
I never really thought they would lose either. It was just time and talent. I knew with enough time the talent margin would make the difference

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.