Question: Staff members say "not being on best team"

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Hi, reading story linked below and this caught my eye...

"A week ago at Razorback Stadium, two Alabama staff members weren't convinced that they were working for the best team in the country. That feeling lingered after a 49-30 win over Arkansas, but it should dissipate with Saturday's shellacking."

I never heard about statements like that coming out of the camp. The whole thing just caught me off guard, and I have no problem with guys having a different opinion, I'm just not a fan of quotes without names.

Saban will tear down the team if needed to motivate or educate, but he puts it on blast to everyone in that world.

Had anyone else heard anything about this, or am I being ridiculous?

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_...championship-in-total-domination-of-tennessee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Hi, reading story linked below and this caught my eye...

"A week ago at Razorback Stadium, two Alabama staff members weren't convinced that they were working for the best team in the country. That feeling lingered after a 49-30 win over Arkansas, but it should dissipate with Saturday's shellacking."

I never heard about statements like that coming out of the camp. The whole thing just caught me off guard, and I have no problem with guys having a different opinion, I'm just not a fan of quotes without names.

Saban will tear down the team if needed to motivate or educate, but he puts it on blast to everyone in that world.

Had anyone else heard anything about this, or am I being ridiculous?

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_...championship-in-total-domination-of-tennessee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I don't think it's a bad thing at all. We definitely weren't the best team in the country when we played Arkansas and We've had up and down moments early in the season, and after last night game, this is the team that everyone within the circle expected to see and it just took a while, so no... I don't think it's a bad thing at all.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Just a couple of coaches reiterating what CNS has been saying all season. Nothing to see here. Just keeping some players from getting a big head.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I don't think it's a bad thing at all. We definitely weren't the best team in the country when we played Arkansas and We've had up and down moments early in the season, and after last night game, this is the team that everyone within the circle expected to see and it just took a while, so no... I don't think it's a bad thing at all.
Just a couple of coaches reiterating what CNS has been saying all season. Nothing to see here. Just keeping some players from getting a big head.
Glad to see these responses. Maybe it was the manner presented, not sure. I just really didn't like that bit in the article

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
It was Bama, so they're naturally trying to put a negative spin on it.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Yeah, I read that earlier and thought it was an odd bit thrown in by the author. Then it just left it hanging. Poorly done.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Depends on the context which wasn't included in the article..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think it was a liberal phrasing in a contextless setting to tie together his theme in the article. In other words, journalist being a journalist. Probably were comments no different than Saban's own about playing a complete game and controlling the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.