Does Mac have control over Florida discipline.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I thought after the duck and truck incident we would see a bit more discipline, but I was wrong. This is 1) very stupid to taunt a team that is a month out from playing 2) shows a lack of discipline and 3) classless since it is a skeleton tiger with LSU colored Mardi Gras beads and Mike has just died. I'm starting to wonder if Mac has any control over this team of his, and if they are focused for a UGA team that could be extremely hacked off with enough talent to beat them.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/10/16/we...skeleton-cat-draped-in-purple-and-gold-beads/

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
FWIW, the fan that brought the skeleton to the game said yesterday he didn't know Mike VI died.

And Florida was playing Mizzou... Also, the Tigers.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
FWIW, the fan that brought the skeleton to the game said yesterday he didn't know Mike VI died.

And Florida was playing Mizzou... Also, the Tigers.
1) purple and gold is not mizzou's colors

2) why are players playing with toys during games

3) what rock was that fan living under to not know mike died like 5 days earlier and his cancer has been well documented throughout the year.

I honestly don't care what the fan's MO was and more concerned if Mac thinks his players playing with toys on the side line and giving opponents bulletin board material shows great class and discipline. If so then he surely didn't take that from CNS's mentorship.

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I can't imagine CJM having any knowledge about this while it was happening. Looks like the UF players thought it was funny at the time and I doubt the death of Mike had anything to do with it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I can't imagine CJM having any knowledge about this while it was happening. Looks like the UF players thought it was funny at the time and I doubt the death of Mike had anything to do with it.
Even if we take the Mike's death out of the equation, how does it reflect good discipline from the coaching staff to have this happen. Would Bama players dare do this even if CNS wasn't watching, espicially after players were making fools out of themselves by talking smack against a team that is talented enough to beat you and you can't back it up. The point is not if CJM was aware of this happening it is that Florida is starting to make it a habit of giving bulletin board material to teams they really shouldn't. Let see if it bites them in the rump like it did against Tennessee

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
3) what rock was that fan living under to not know mike died like 5 days earlier and his cancer has been well documented throughout the year.
If it wasn't for this forum, I would not have known and I watch a good bit of ESPN.

I think people are trying too hard to make a big deal out of nothing. Even if they were making fun of a dead tiger, who cares. Stop being so freaking sensitive about every little thing, this is what is wrong with this country.

Also, I thought it was funny but, I guess I'm insensitive to tigers. Oh well, I can live with that. It's a joke folks, let your "offensive" guard down a little and move on with your life.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Even if we take the Mike's death out of the equation, how does it reflect good discipline from the coaching staff to have this happen. Would Bama players dare do this even if CNS wasn't watching, espicially after players were making fools out of themselves by talking smack against a team that is talented enough to beat you and you can't back it up. The point is not if CJM was aware of this happening it is that Florida is starting to make it a habit of giving bulletin board material to teams they really shouldn't. Let see if it bites them in the rump like it did against Tennessee
I agree CJM needs to take this as a teaching moment and talk to his players. But I don't see this as being a loss of control issue like the OP suggested.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If it wasn't for this forum, I would not have known and I watch a good bit of ESPN.

I think people are trying too hard to make a big deal out of nothing. Even if they were making fun of a dead tiger, who cares. Stop being so freaking sensitive about every little thing, this is what is wrong with this country.

Also, I thought it was funny but, I guess I'm insensitive to tigers. Oh well, I can live with that. It's a joke folks, let your "offensive" guard down a little and move on with your life.
The "joke" isn't the main issue unless you are an LSU fan or an extreme animal lover. The issue is that this is the second time in the year that Florida players have mocked an upcoming opponent.

Maybe you have forgotten the duck pulling a truck incident, and how that worked for them. While this isn't talking smack this is still giving bulletin board material to one of the better motivators in college football (Oeaux) to use. And with all the bad blood between the programs and the fact that Coach Oeuax desperately wants to keep his position, bank on him having LSU ready to run through a brick wall in Tigah stadium. Would you be ok with CNS allowing Alabama to do this kinda crap 3 weeks before LSU or would you want them to worry about aTm?

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Definitely bulletin board material for LSU, but I don't really care about either program. I think that it is foolish to talk trash even after a win, so don't support this sort of thing.

As for not knowing about the tiger's death - had I not been a member of this web site, I would have had no idea. I'm kinda surprised that they are still allowed to have a live tiger as a mascot.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yeah...not sure why you'd use purple and gold mardi gras beads for Mizzou. Sounds like somebody is covering their rear end. Not that this will have any impact on the game.
Maybe not on the field but it could incite many LSU fans to go out of their way to take it out on Florida fans who had nothing to do with this. This has not gone unnoticed in Louisiana, trust me. Mike the Tiger passing was a big deal here in Louisiana. It really was.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Add me to those who learned of Mike's death here. The media made it sound like the players carried a full scale tiger skeleton onto the field. Some drunk in the stands throwing a regular cat skeleton (was it even an actual skeleton) isn't quite the same.

If LSU needs something stupid like this to get motivated, they have some serious issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Intertesting - it was pretty much everywhere when he dies: ESPN, CBS sports, Time, the Washington Post, even TMZ. Seriously, there were articles posted everywhere - not sure how any of you guys could have missed it.

I think people are trying too hard to make a big deal out of nothing.
You'd find it humorous if Bama players were doing this? That's really the point. If you'd have no problem with Bama players playing with toys like that on the sidelines instead of focusing on the game - especially 'toys' which could easily be construed as mocking to an upcoming opponent - then I guess we're just wired differently...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Intertesting - it was pretty much everywhere when he dies: ESPN, CBS sports, Time, the Washington Post, even TMZ. Seriously, there were articles posted everywhere - not sure how any of you guys could have missed it.
Very easy: never watch/read any of those.

And how exactly did you know it was on TMZ? Seriously...............are you admitting that you watch that? Turn in your Man Card. (Isn't that how the kids today would say it?)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We even had a thread about it on here.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Very easy: never watch/read any of those.

And how exactly did you know it was on TMZ? Seriously...............are you admitting that you watch that? Turn in your Man Card. (Isn't that how the kids today would say it?)
Google search showed it was everywhere. To say you wouldn't know about it if it wasn't posted here makes it sounds like it wasn't news - it was.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
It seems to me that UF (and all of the Florida schools for that matter) consistently have discipline issues regardless of who the coach is at the time. So, I don't think it has as much to do with coach as much as culture for whatever reason. So, no I don't think Coach Mac has lost control of the team. Seemingly the nature of the beast which you do your best to manage when your at the helm. Then again, my perspective may be wrong. Just seem to hear about this kind of stuff every year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.