**** Collin Sexton SIGNS with Alabama ****

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Re: Collin Sexton

I think he's the best prospect we've ever signed by far.
Could be, others in the conversation based on high school rep would probably me James "Hollywood" Robinson who was a McDonald's All-American and averaged over 40 points per game as a high school senior (I remember people talking about how good he was in high school at games across the state line). Gerald Wallace won the Naismith award in 2000. Antonio McDyess was a top 20 to top 30 player nationally. Good to be signing folks with that level of attention.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Could be, others in the conversation based on high school rep would probably me James "Hollywood" Robinson who was a McDonald's All-American and averaged over 40 points per game as a high school senior (I remember people talking about how good he was in high school at games across the state line). Gerald Wallace won the Naismith award in 2000. Antonio McDyess was a top 20 to top 30 player nationally. Good to be signing folks with that level of attention.
Those you mention were indeed incredible players and prospects coming in, but there's just something about this kid. His persona, everything about him screams, "Greatness". I love his attitude and enthusiasm as much as his overall game. He's a player. Possibly a one and done, but I'll take the year he gives us should that be the case.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Those you mention were indeed incredible players and prospects coming in, but there's just something about this kid. His persona, everything about him screams, "Greatness". I love his attitude and enthusiasm as much as his overall game. He's a player. Possibly a one and done, but I'll take the year he gives us should that be the case.
If he is a "One & Done" player that's okay with me as well. Could serve as a recruiting tool for the future. But I do wish the rule would be revised for a 2 collegiate season minimum.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

If I'm not mistaken he won a 3 point contest this weekend at another even besides the dunk.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If I'm not mistaken he won a 3 point contest this weekend at another even besides the dunk.
Yes he did at the Final 4 in Houston. We are getting a lot of good Bama press and exposure due to Colin and it will really get good when he is in a Bama uniform. Special, special talent. Jay Williams of ESPN said during the McDonald's all star game that ESPN's ranking of Colin at #10 nationally was too low and said "he is easily a top 5 player".

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Watched Sexton in the U19 Nike Hoop Summit over the weekend; USA vs World players under-19-years-old. Even with the ball, Sexton was the fastest guy on the court. He played well with a number of assists and steals and a few points in the paint. A couple of players scored more points for the US team but the announcers kept talking about Sexton and thought of him as the MVP with what he brought to the game. This is the 2nd all-star game I've seen him in and he has not hit an outside shot yet...

Sexton backed up Duvel (sp?) at point guard but got extra playing time when Duvel was nicked up early.

Seems like every other player on the World team was going to Kentucky. I think many of them played high school ball in the US.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Watched Sexton in the U19 Nike Hoop Summit over the weekend; USA vs World players under-19-years-old. Even with the ball, Sexton was the fastest guy on the court. He played well with a number of assists and steals and a few points in the paint. A couple of players scored more points for the US team but the announcers kept talking about Sexton and thought of him as the MVP with what he brought to the game. This is the 2nd all-star game I've seen him in and he has not hit an outside shot yet...

Sexton backed up Duvel (sp?) at point guard but got extra playing time when Duvel was nicked up early.

Seems like every other player on the World team was going to Kentucky. I think many of them played high school ball in the US.
I noticed this also. He has a great shot (won the 3pt contest at the Final 4) but I think he gets in the mindset to be the true point guard and give out assists to some of the other high profile guys in these games. I have a feeling he will be asked and will be a big time scorer once he gets to Bama.

Duvel is the #1 rated point guard by most services and Colin #2 but I think they got it reversed.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Looks like we'll get our top 5 player.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Collin-Sexton-stock-up-52266374

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I like it. This is the link that is shown in the article that shows the top classes and we are currently #4. It has a video of Colin playing intra-squad games for Team USA and you can just see how incredibly talented he is even with other great talent on the court.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/rivals-2017-basketball-team-rankings-update

Also, today is the first day of the late signing period. Does anybody know if we have a chance with any of the top players?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's video of him draining a 3 in the Jordan Brand Classic practice just now with Duvall guarding him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I know he can shoot and have seen him on other videos as well as the 3-point contest.

I see that the Jordan Brand Classic game in on ESPN2 tomorrow night (Friday, April 14) at 7pm central. I see that Petty and Sexton are on the roster.
Oh I know you know. Just posting for everyone to see.

Hope he and Petty do well tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The Young Bull

“Y el MVP del Campeonato Mundial FIBA U17 es … Collin Sexton!”

I look up with my head turned sideways.

Did they just say my name over the P.A.?

I look around from the stage set up on the court in Spain where we had just been given our gold medals, and everyone in the arena is staring back at me.

I guess they did say my name.

Then one of the guys on Turkey’s team, which we had just defeated to win the FIBA U17 World Championship, comes over and whispers in my ear:

“They said you’re the MVP.”

Oh snap, for real?

I guess it makes sense that winning the MVP was an unexpected because just me being on the team at all was pretty unexpected. I wasn’t one of those kids who had been building up buzz since the eighth grade. In fact, only a few months before I won a gold medal, I wasn’t really on anyone’s recruiting radar.

I only got my Team USA invite two weeks before training camp. Just getting an opportunity to try out was a cool accomplishment, but it wasn’t something I let myself get too excited about. I didn’t want to just be a guy who got a look during camp. I was determined to force the coaching staff to take me to Spain. I wasn’t out there just to prove I belonged — I knew I belonged. I wanted to prove I was the best.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Oh I know you know. Just posting for everyone to see.

Hope he and Petty do well tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, going to make sure i DVR it

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Re: Collin Sexton players Tribune article

I have no idea why this thread had to be moved.

It seems that things like this actually deter people from posting on this board.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.