Are LSU fans just gluttons for punishment. Yet another "We want Bama" chant

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Re: Are LSU fans just gluttons for punishment. Yet another "We want Bama" chant

This is what rivalry teams dream of in seasons like this. If the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't you want Alabama to ruin Auburn's season?
So now we have UcheaT, LSU, and the Barn as our number 1 rivalry. As great is it to beat UcheaT, IMHO is just more satisfying to beat Aubarn.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Yep some barner friends on facebook are already saying "I hope we get Bama undefeated so we can ruin their season". Yea ok, sure.
It worked for them in 2013.

This is what rivalry teams dream of in seasons like this. If the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't you want Alabama to ruin Auburn's season?
Of course we would. I'm not sure anyone else will beat them, so they will likely be playing for a trip to Atlanta themselves. A 9-2 AU and 11-0 or even 10-1 Bama will make for another tense Iron Bowl. I have to commend them for turning their season around because it looked like they were headed for a 5 or 6 win season as the Gus bus headed out of the loveliest village of idiots on the plains. We are at 8-0 and right where we need to be, but November will once again challenge us just like October.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Yes, but Auburn takes more joy out it than we do. For example: a person on my Facebook, who is an Auburn fan, was all about how they were representing the SEC in the BCS title against FSU, and was talking serious smack throughout the game. Then instantly after they lost, this person's first post was "This was a GREAT Season because We beat BAMA", and it seemed the loss and the end of the SEC streak meant nothing all of the sudden.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland

Fournette will likely be more of a problem this year than last.

Old Miss have went down hill significantly since their meeting with us. I think we'll stand up significantly better than they did this weekend.

I think we'll win a close one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Fournette will likely be more of a problem this year than last.
Why would you think that?

Through 8 games in 2015, Alabama was allowing an average of 78.5 ypg rushing against 4 top20 teams.
Through 8 games in 2016, Alabama is allowing an average of 70.1 jpg rushing against 5 top20 teams.

So far, this year's defense is better against the run...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I think their QB is better so they should be able to maintain some balance and keep LF from being solely targeted. I still think their QB isn't quite good enough to beat us and their QB is going to have to beat us unless our true freshman QB on the road beat us for them.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

I think their QB is better so they should be able to maintain some balance and keep LF from being solely targeted. I still think their QB isn't quite good enough to beat us and their QB is going to have to beat us unless our true freshman QB on the road beat us for them.
Is their new QB mobile? If he is at all like MSU's QB (already forgot that guys name - it's my bedtime) I'm not sure it will matter. If a QB can't avoid the rush and create I don't care for his chances in 4 quarters against Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Etling isn't as good of an athlete as Knight but he's not an absolute statue.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Everybody wants Bama until they get Bama. Then they're like "please, don't hurt me". I'm tired of all these scrubs. To quote Goldberg: "Who's next?"

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland

Why would you think that?

Through 8 games in 2015, Alabama was allowing an average of 78.5 ypg rushing against 4 top20 teams.
Through 8 games in 2016, Alabama is allowing an average of 70.1 jpg rushing against 5 top20 teams.

So far, this year's defense is better against the run...
Sorry for delay in response, down to the time difference.

I think this year's defence is and last year's defence was phenomenal against the run. Prior to reading your stats I would have thought last year's D was better against the run but not by much.

I also think Fournette is an exceptional athlete, I will be delighted but surprised if we can shut him down as completely as we did last year.

That doesn't mean to say I think he'll be a game changer or breaker, I just that I think he'll get well in excess of the 32yds (?) he managed at BDS.

Fournette could triple his output from last time and still not break 100 😎

I do expect us to prevail but I think it will be tough and probably closer than the spread.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

All fournette need to remember is last year for the nightmares to begin again 38 yards I believe??
He needs to remember he was lucky to get that. He was Derrick Henry one fumble away from from looking really ugly.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Etling isn't as good of an athlete as Knight but he's not an absolute statue.
So, we throw the kitchen sink at their run game. At least so far it`s pretty clear that LSU will have to establish a consistent run game to beat us. Alabama`s front 7 devoted to shutting down the run is a pretty scary thing. Cheat the safeties up, it gets even scarier. Etling consistently in third and long is not a prescription for success for LSU.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al

Did anyone watch the ole miss lsu game? How did lsu start offensively? Om jumped out to a 21 zip lead right? What did lsu do to change that?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

LF got his yards in huge chunks. He only carried the ball 16 times, I think. That`ll be tough to do against our front 7.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

LSU will plan around Bama keying in on Fournette and Bama cheating the safeties up leaving them wide open to drop the bomb. I really don't think Etling will have enough time to dance around and look for receivers down field.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Did anyone watch the ole miss lsu game? How did lsu start offensively? Om jumped out to a 21 zip lead right? What did lsu do to change that?
Ole miss was up 10-7 on LSU in the first and it was tied 21-21 at the half. I think you are confusing ours and FSU's games with ole miss with last week.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al

Ole miss was up 10-7 on LSU in the first and it was tied 21-21 at the half. I think you are confusing ours and FSU's games with ole miss with last week.
Yeah didn't watch the game ;)

What was lsu doing offensively? Start off passing? Good mix of run and pass?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Yeah didn't watch the game ;)

What was lsu doing offensively? Start off passing? Good mix of run and pass?
They started off letting LF and pretty much everyone else run through holes 5 yds wide for 65 yd TDs.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

They started off letting LF and pretty much everyone else run through holes 5 yds wide for 65 yd TDs.
Got that right. LF was running through chasms, not holes. Even I, at 68, could have run for 20 yds through some of those gaps. Those won`t be plentiful against us, me thinks.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

No 21-0 lead by OM - OM scored the first 10 points, then LSU scored two TDs, then they eventually tied at 21 at the end of the first half.

Second half was all LSU. They got great pressure on Kelly.

OM's rush defense is terrible at this point in the season, a LF7 had rushing TDs from 59, 76, and 78 yards. Without those long, explosive runs OM would have probably have had a shot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.