GA News: OnlineAthens - UGA CB Deandre Baker on track to return from injury against Florida

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
October 25th, 2016 06:44 PM

Georgia should see the return of cornerback Deandre Baker Saturday against Florida, coach Kirby Smart said after practice on Tuesday, but the sophomore is not moving quite like he was before he sprained an ankle that kept him out of the Vanderbilt game.
“He’s full go like he can go as full as he can, but I wouldn’t say that he’s 100 percent,” Smart said. “We’re hoping he continues to improve.”
Baker was working with the first team defense during the media viewing period on Tuesday. The sophomore replaced Juwuan Briscoe as a starter against Tennessee and South Carolina.
He has 13 tackles, a pass breakup and has caused and recovered one fumble.
“We’ve GPS monitored him so we don’t run him down,” Smart said. “He went from not doing anything to just jumping back in there but I would not say he’s 100 percent but I do think he’s going to be able to play.”
Baker and Georgia will go up against a Florida wide receiving corps led by sophomore Antonio Callaway, junior Brandon Powell and freshman Tyrie Cleveland.
“The threats they’ve got at wideout have improved,” Smart said. “Each year they’ve added another good receiver. Now they’ve got a corps of really good receivers.”

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.