GA News: OnlineAthens - Reggie Davis on fielding kickoff against Vanderbilt: 'I should’ve let

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
October 26th, 2016 06:41 PM

Things didn’t go the way Reggie Davis wanted on returns in Georgia’s last game this season and in his last game against Florida.
The Bulldogs have focused heavily on improving special teams since the 17-16 loss to Vanderbilt on Oct. 15.
Davis stepped out of bounds right after fielding the opening kickoff of the second half at the Bulldogs’ 3.
“I should’ve let it go,” Davis said Wednesday night, speaking to the media for the first time since that game. “Bottom line, should’ve let it go.”
Georgia gave Vanderbilt strong field position to start the game after surrendering a 95-yard kickoff return.
Davis made a touchdown-saving tackle on the play, but Vanderbilt scored two plays later.”
“It’s football,” said Davis, who had two catches for 42 yards in the game. “Both teams are going to make plays. Once it happens, we forget about it and move on.”
Asked if coaches put special teams jobs on the line heading into Florida, Davis said: “That’s my job to say anything about that.”
Davis is third in the SEC in kickoff return average at 23.3 on seven returns.
He muffed a punt against Florida in last year’s 27-3 loss at the end of the first quarter when he attempted to field the ball at the 5-yard line and it was recovered in the end zone for a Gators touchdown.
“I think about it but it’s over with,” Davis said. “I’m not back there anymore.”
Isaiah McKenzie handles punt returns for Georgia this season after splitting those duties with Davis and Terry Godwin last season.
“If God forbid something happens, you got Terry,” Davis said. “If anything happens to him, then it’ll be me. Our special teams coordinator has everything under control. We’re not worried about anything. We’re just practicing hard trying to become the best we can be.”

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.