Plain Trouble on Rocky Top; Jalen Hurd transferring

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
Wow. Other players also rumored to have quit the team.

https://twitter.com/JimmyHyams/status/793079957895442432
Some of the posters in VolNation are pretty funny.

Quote:
"Yes. I have heard that even Smokey is leaving. He doesn't like his current role as a "Coon Dog" Mascot and will be going somewhere else to try to possibly be a Tiger or maybe Beaver.

I really liked Ol Smokey. Thank you for all you've done and I wish you the best."

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Some of the posters in VolNation are pretty funny.

Quote:
"Yes. I have heard that even Smokey is leaving. He doesn't like his current role as a "Coon Dog" Mascot and will be going somewhere else to try to possibly be a Tiger or maybe Beaver.

I really liked Ol Smokey. Thank you for all you've done and I wish you the best."
Now that's funny.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
So what was the deal with Kongbo? Did the Alabama staff sour on him late in the process, or did he simply pick Tennessee over us? I thought it was the latter but I don't follow recruiting nearly as closely as many of you.

Unrelated question: will Jalen Hurd be a graduate transfer?

Kongbo was kinda a tweener size wise, so he ended up with a "wait and see" offer. He wasn't a fan of that, as he thought he had a sure spot in the class. So he went to Tennessee, and they made it seem like they beat us for him...when in reality he didn't have a "committable" offer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
After peeking at the Vols fan board last night and this morning, I just can't keep a straight face. :biggrin:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Kongbo was kinda a tweener size wise, so he ended up with a "wait and see" offer. He wasn't a fan of that, as he thought he had a sure spot in the class. So he went to Tennessee, and they made it seem like they beat us for him...when in reality he didn't have a "committable" offer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
we took Terrell Hall over Kongbo.....don't think anyone is complaining about that

mooblybama

Scout Team
May 20, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I plead guilty to occasionally checking out volnation for a devilish chuckle. I've held a grudge for a long time, and I ain't lettin it go either. I hate 10rc. I do.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There's a possibility that he could graduate in December. So if that's the case, I wonder if bama takes a look at him. If he doesn't graduate, then I would imagine he transfer to lower level schools just to play immediately. Jacksonville State, etc.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
There's a possibility that he could graduate in December. So if that's the case, I wonder if bama takes a look at him. If he doesn't graduate, then I would imagine he transfer to lower level schools just to play immediately. Jacksonville State, etc.
Saban will do what he thinks is best but I certainly hope he wouldn't accept a player that quit on his team just like Barnett quit on ours.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's not going to happen but in theory UT would surely block a transfer to Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.