Plain Trouble on Rocky Top; Jalen Hurd transferring

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Just read the ESPN article on his transfer. Anyone know why he wants to switch to WR and/or TE? The article was a bit confusing. It states he would rather run in an I-formation offense but is transferring to switch positions. ???:conf3:???
If it seems that there's more to this than meets the eye, believe that. We don't have the full story.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Word here is this is a good riddance situation with Hurd leaving. He has already done this kind of stuff in high school, so it has just repeated itself in college.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I used to live in Knoxville. Not enough bad things can happen to their football program in my opinion.
I lived there once as well. I loved the place but the fans were a bit much at times. I think the problem is they are the only game in town. They don't have the barn to share media attention with so every story is about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
From his side of it, he talked to the coaching staff about running out of the I back last season. They ran almost exclusively out if it in their bowl game apparently, and Hurd was Outback Bowl MVP. Then when spring got here, they had completely abandoned it again.

That might not be true, but I'm just passing along the information.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'd heard that also, but have a time figuring it out since the iformation is currently not being used by many college and pro teams. If he wants to make it in the NFL as an RB he's not going to be able to rely on having a FB in front of him. maybe that's why he's wanting to make a position switch.

regardless though, I do view it as similar to the BB situation. Unless he's got an injury that already means he's out for the rest of the year (which by his lack of recent PT could be the case), he shouldn't be leaving in the middle of the season like this. At least respect your teammates enough to be there with them till the end of the season.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
His step-dad is speaking................

[video]http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/video-jalen-hurds-stepfather-lashes-media-following-transfer-news/[/video]

1.) He had a concussion.
2.) He was never benched.
3.) They are not fans of the media. (Who is?)
4.) They have nothing more to say, for now.

(Saved you 4 minutes.)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'd heard that also, but have a time figuring it out since the iformation is currently not being used by many college and pro teams. If he wants to make it in the NFL as an RB he's not going to be able to rely on having a FB in front of him. maybe that's why he's wanting to make a position switch.

regardless though, I do view it as similar to the BB situation. Unless he's got an injury that already means he's out for the rest of the year (which by his lack of recent PT could be the case), he shouldn't be leaving in the middle of the season like this. At least respect your teammates enough to be there with them till the end of the season.
Blake left an undefeated team ranked #1 and he wasn't playing. This is a rat leaving a sinking ship.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Pathetic. He'll be an undrafted free agent, sign, get released, buy a Mercedes, be broke, and not have a clue what to do.
I feel for the kid, but when you quit, everybody knows it, and they don't rehire you, unless you get very, very, lucky...which I hope he does.
Very good football player.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Pathetic. He'll be an undrafted free agent, sign, get released, buy a Mercedes, be broke, and not have a clue what to do.
I feel for the kid, but when you quit, everybody knows it, and they don't rehire you, unless you get very, very, lucky...which I hope he does.
Very good football player.
I agree 100% with ya as always Brother, you just don't quit on your teammates in the middle of the season, cause it will cause folks to question your will to be a team member by others & how much your heart is in it..

Especially when it comes to NFL owners & could prove to be a difference in millions "If" a NFL owner is willing to give a chance in the NFL..

No kidding. We've already had our share.
Exactly my friend..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So, nobody is going to bring up the arrest of Jalen's mom at the UF game few weeks ago? or His father going on facebook defending his son? Or His mom writing a long heartfelt message about her son? I think there's more to it... to why he's leaving the team and we're already judging him without knowing the whole story.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.