Plain Trouble on Rocky Top; Jalen Hurd transferring

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
So, nobody is going to bring up the arrest of Jalen's mom at the UF game few weeks ago? or His father going on facebook defending his son? Or His mom writing a long heartfelt message about her son? I think there's more to it... to why he's leaving the team and we're already judging him without knowing the whole story.
Tennessee fans can worry about the whole story. Bama fans can enjoy the dumpster fire. I hope it works out for him.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I suspect there's more discord going on in the Vol locker room. I don't buy the official story on Kongbo posting the hanging cleats pic. Yeah, he lost on some soccer video game? But why'd he delete all the Tennessee stuff from his page?

My guess is he was going to quit, but changed his mind after talking to family/coaches/other players. Then to save face they brainstormed the FIFA cover story.

There's more to all of this, I'm sure. I'll believe Hurd is transferring when I see it. My guess is he'll enter the draft, and the truth will come out after Butch is gone.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
So, nobody is going to bring up the arrest of Jalen's mom at the UF game few weeks ago? or His father going on facebook defending his son? Or His mom writing a long heartfelt message about her son? I think there's more to it... to why he's leaving the team and we're already judging him without knowing the whole story.
What I find interesting is that she was arrested September 24th, and the story wasn't posted until November 1st. I wonder if the PD or the media sat on the story. Dollar to a donut says it was the PD, because there is no way the media keeps that one under wraps. PD no longer had any reason to keep Hurd happy by protecting mommy, so they let that one out because he quit on the Vols. It just goes to show the kind of stuff that gets covered up to protect these kids, and it is not just a UT problem.

Hurd went to Beech HS in Hendersonville, which is 15 minutes from where I am from. No one is surprised by him quitting because he didn't get his way. I've heard lots of stories that I will not share. He was a hammer at safety in HS, and that's what Saban wanted him to play. I think he could have been an All-American on defense, if CNS could have changed his attitude. He is a heck of an athlete, and was dominant in HS in a fairly competitive division. I hate to see him waste his talent like this, but some people just aren't wired to deal with adversity.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
You're prolly gonna hafta to elaborate on that one for a lotta people on this board. I understand and agree. But I'm 58.

And I still hate orange.
There are people on here who don't know Gomer Pyle, USMC? Sacrilege! It adds another level of enjoyment to watching this dumpster fire. And while Googling him, dig out the movie "Deliverance" and TV show "Hee Haw." Now you've pretty much got the boomer generation's pop culture references for ridiculing Tennessee.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
There are people on here who don't know Gomer Pyle, USMC? Sacrilege! It adds another level of enjoyment to watching this dumpster fire. And while Googling him, dig out the movie "Deliverance" and TV show "Hee Haw." Now you've pretty much got the boomer generation's pop culture references for ridiculing Tennessee.
Hee Haw was good TV. It was maybe a little corny, but there was no shortage of eye candy. I mean, Minnie Pearl in that hat [emoji177]!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If Hurd returns, will Butch have to insert the I formation with a fullback? I remember Hurd saying Butch promised he would run this formation for him. Strange indeed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.