Plain Trouble on Rocky Top; Jalen Hurd transferring

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Assuming Josh will be a grad transfer. If he wants to play TE, we do lose OJ.... Be a matchup nightmare with Ridley and Stewart outside....

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I know we’re going to beat Alabama. We’re going to beat all those teams. So I’ll say right now, we’re going to beat every team we play next year. And we know Alabama won the national championship this year and the message that I’m sending to them is that ain’t no one around here scared of that. We’re coming for them. It’s football so once the pads are on, you’ve got to figure out how to win so we’ll see.”
-Jonathan Kongbo

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
My feelings about the arnge are well known and stated multiple times on this board.

So while I cry no tears for the UTe program, I do not like this trend of players quitting / retiring / transferring in the middle of the year.

It's bad for the teammates and coaches they leave behind. And in most cases, it'll turn out bad for them, reinforcing the habit of running away the first time something doesn't go their way.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Supposedly they had a special called team meeting last night and there were some problems. Sounds like the wheels are coming off. The pressure on Butch has to be enormous and I wonder if he is losing this team.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
My feelings about the arnge are well known and stated multiple times on this board.

So while I cry no tears for the UTe program, I do not like this trend of players quitting / retiring / transferring in the middle of the year.

It's bad for the teammates and coaches they leave behind. And in most cases, it'll turn out bad for them, reinforcing the habit of running away the first time something doesn't go their way.
Overall I agree, but with this one I'm taking a partisan approach and just relishing the dumpster fire.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Does this mean KY wins the east? Beat UGA and UT and Florida drop 2 of 3 remaining games. Can you imagine if UGA drops games to Vandy AND Kentucky in the same year. :eek2:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Ah, the joy of this after having read a VolNation thread last night about how all these rumors weren't even remotely true and the meeting they had was just Butch telling the team it'll all be ok.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.