Game Thread: 37th World Series - Game 7 - (tonight (Wed.) at 7 pm Central on Fox)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Well I thought Maddon was too cute with his managing last night to the point that it almost cost them the game and the series. He seemed intent on letting everyone have their parade moment in the game with Lester, Ross, and Chapman. Had they lost it would have gone down probably as the worst managing job in world series history. So bad that God basically had to bail them out with the rain delay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well I thought Maddon was too cute with his managing last night to the point that it almost cost them the game and the series. He seemed intent on letting everyone have their parade moment in the game with Lester, Ross, and Chapman. Had they lost it would have gone down probably as the worst managing job in world series history. So bad that God basically had to bail them out with the rain delay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I agree. I was telling my Nephew and his buddy as they 3-way called me during the end of the game and we were chatting about it, but I told them both I would have pulled Lester after the 7th, then put in Edwards Jr. in the 8th THEN put in Chapman fresh with nobody on in the 9th (I said all of this when Lester was still pitching, not afterwards). I also think Maddon pulled Hendricks too early too, as Lester could have went into the 9th if he at least let Hendricks finish the 5th as his pitch count was very low to be where he was at that point and they were not hitting him very well either. If it wasn't for the ump Hendricks gets out of the 5th before Maddon could even pull him. I would have definitely sent him out for the 6th but then I would have had him on the short leash for Lester. That way if he was worried about Edwards Jr., Lester would have been able to get to and through the 8th if he wanted him to. Instead they had to snatch Lester out earlier than he wanted.

Other than that I thought Maddon did excellent with his moves in this series, but I agree this was his worst job in the whole playoffs this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.