A few thoughts from the other side on Bama @ LSU

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The mystique of Saturday night in Death Valley...well, it's mostly a mythical tale of yore, now....
Only matters to lesser teams. Bama is not a lesser team to anyone especially LSU. If we lose, it's because we made too many mistakes. If we lose, we only become stronger. We'll make it to the playoffs no problem and probably win it all.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Only matters to lesser teams. Bama is not a lesser team to anyone especially LSU. If we lose, it's because we made too many mistakes. If we lose, we only become stronger. We'll make it to the playoffs no problem and probably win it all.
That's not a guarantee though. If LSU beats us and we both win out, LSU would go to the SECCG and then all bets are off.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The game plan for Alabama is to weather the storm. LSU will come out very aggressive and probably will test hootie/brown early with passes in order to steal points and open it up for LF. If it fails and LSU's offense is limited to LF then they lose big. What I expect is a push for the first 3 and Alabama to put pressure with a mid 4th quarter score that really puts LSU into a do or die situation in which Etling isn't good enough to complete. 31-17 Bama is my prediction

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
A large part of their argument has to do with the fact that they performed much better against ARK and OM than we did. Of course neither of those teams played nearly as well as they did earlier in the season against us. It's true that LSU's talent level approaches ours. However, it's not been developed and the question is can CEO correct Miles' errors in this short a time. I'm betting not...

Earl, LSU hasn't play ARK yet. in fact they have their own murderer's row coming up. it starts with Bama, @ Arky, a break with South Alabama at home, Florida, @ Texas AM. IMO, they lose 2 of those 5 games , starting with Bama.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The last four games have some similarities and differences:

I think Alabama has narrowly won the 1st half in all four games. In the home games, Alabama had a great start in the second half that snowballed into a "running away with it" type finish. In the road games, Alabama had a poor start in the second half that continued into the later portions of the game but late game heroics in 2-minute saved the day.

We probably would like to see one of two things to help out our true freshman QB and avoid putting him in high leverage situations throughout the game:

1) Actually come out the gate throwing haymakers. I'm not talking deep bombs. Just have a great plan and cash it in early. Don't have one of those 7-3 or 10-7 type halftimes where we played a pretty good half but didn't get enough points out of it.

2) Don't have another one of those atrocious 2nd half performances on offense.

I'd prefer to see #1 over #2...having the first one would probably assist the second point...would like to give Hurts a good lead to play with early and allow him to see it's just a loud stadium that smells like Jack...no different than anywhere else in the SEC! ;)

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
The last four games have some similarities and differences:

I think Alabama has narrowly won the 1st half in all four games. In the home games, Alabama had a great start in the second half that snowballed into a "running away with it" type finish. In the road games, Alabama had a poor start in the second half that continued into the later portions of the game but late game heroics in 2-minute saved the day.

We probably would like to see one of two things to help out our true freshman QB and avoid putting him in high leverage situations throughout the game:

1) Actually come out the gate throwing haymakers. I'm not talking deep bombs. Just have a great plan and cash it in early. Don't have one of those 7-3 or 10-7 type halftimes where we played a pretty good half but didn't get enough points out of it.

2) Don't have another one of those atrocious 2nd half performances on offense.

I'd prefer to see #1 over #2...having the first one would probably assist the second point...would like to give Hurts a good lead to play with early and allow him to see it's just a loud stadium that smells like Jack...no different than anywhere else in the SEC! ;)
We HAVE to improve our production in red zone offense. Period. Will be crucial in this game.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Hurts didn't get rattled in Fayetteville, or Oxford, or College Station. All were ranked at or around where LSU is now. Not sure why Baton Rouge would be any different.

The mystique of Saturday night in Death Valley...well, it's mostly a mythical tale of yore, now....
The A&M game was in T-Town...
Baton-Rouge is always 'DIFFERENT' - STRANGE things have always happened there...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
The A&M game was in T-Town...
Baton-Rouge is always 'DIFFERENT' - STRANGE things have always happened there...
In Baton Rouge, Bama has won 3 of 4, is 18-4-1 since 1971, and 26-9-1 all time. The primary reason Bama lost the 4 was because of sanctions. Bama can lose, but it will unlikely be because of 'Death Valley'. Bama is a great road team with a winning road record against every SEC program, but especially in Baton Rouge and at UF (10-2). The venue is rarely the issue, it's the coaches and players. LSU has had a lot of good ones, but this year the gap is larger than in a long time. If Bama plays well, it will be tough for LSU to win.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In Baton Rouge, Bama has won 3 of 4, is 18-4-1 since 1971, and 26-9-1 all time. The primary reason Bama lost the 4 was because of sanctions. Bama can lose, but it will unlikely be because of 'Death Valley'. Bama is a great road team with a winning road record against every SEC program, but especially in Baton Rouge and at UF (10-2). The venue is rarely the issue, it's the coaches and players. LSU has had a lot of good ones, but this year the gap is larger than in a long time. If Bama plays well, it will be tough for LSU to win.
On their boards, they seem quite convinced that Hurts will be unable to handle Tiger Stadium. What I don't understand is their lack of comprehension that once you can't hear the signals, you can't hear, period. We then go to our protocol for loud environments and it's been a successful one. TS is one of the top ten stadia for volume, but it doesn't really matter that the level is 105 decibels or 115, once you can't hear. As for the 105K attendees, Hurts knows perfectly well that they aren't coming down out of the stands after him. He's displayed ice water in his veins so far, but this fantasy persists that Tiger Stadium is somehow different, despite our outstanding record playing there. It's just stupid, but, if it makes them feel better...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
On their boards, they seem quite convinced that Hurts will be unable to handle Tiger Stadium. What I don't understand is their lack of comprehension that once you can't hear the signals, you can't hear, period. We then go to our protocol for loud environments and it's been a successful one. TS is one of the top ten stadia for volume, but it doesn't really matter that the level is 105 decibels or 115, once you can't hear. As for the 105K attendees, Hurts knows perfectly well that they aren't coming down out of the stands after him. He's displayed ice water in his veins so far, but this fantasy persists that Tiger Stadium is somehow different, despite our outstanding record playing there. It's just stupid, but, if it makes them feel better...
I wonder if the fans have really had an impact on these players and Coach O as to how important this games is and they have the playes and fans so hyped up they will peak before we ever play the game. I read some of the things on tigerdroppings and they are living a world of voodoo and whoodoo. If the teams plays their game and CNS keeps them focused it could be ugly or a defense struggle. Thats why we play the game.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Yep, anytime you play a team that has recently been beaten by Bama there's a very good chance they'll not play as well as they played against Bama.

Everybody gets up for Bama. Everybody gets beat down by Bama - physically and emotionally.
You're spot on.......been that way for years. There's another thread on TF on that very subject.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I would not be surprised if they show some trick plays we have not seen on film yet, especially involving LF. Remember when he said he threw the ball 70 yards in practice one day? I would not be surprised if they do a mis-direction play and try to get LF to throw it to a wide open receiver 10-20 yards down. After all, Coach O said he is the best player in college football and says he should still win the Heisman or be in the top 3 if he keeps up his play like last game. :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder if the fans have really had an impact on these players and Coach O as to how important this games is and they have the playes and fans so hyped up they will peak before we ever play the game. I read some of the things on tigerdroppings and they are living a world of voodoo and whoodoo. If the teams plays their game and CNS keeps them focused it could be ugly or a defense struggle. Thats why we play the game.
I think the problem of their burning out all their adrenaline early in the contest is real, particularly if events turn against them early. I agree that it could be a tight game either way or it could be a Bama blowout. There will be no blowout of Alabama...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Coach O could start their dual threat QB. We have trouble with them. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.