Henry Ruggs 5-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: Henry Ruggs 4-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

A friend sent me an update from a Bama recruiting analyst and it states Ruggs is our top remaining WR target and we are pushing hard for his commitment. He does not know if there is room for another WR in this class and Devonta Smith and Nico Collins (Mich lean anyway) are on the outside looking in at this time. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds from here.
Nico is squeezed out rn. Nico is ok recevier but smith and ruggs on another level.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

If he does decide to go up north to Meechigan, he might want to watch Ann Arbor weather reports from now thru signing day. To make doubly sure, he should take an official on the last weekend before signing day. Yuk!! The l-o-n-g winters is one reason I left England all those years ago. I'm shivering just thinking about cold, wet weather from the end of September through into the following May.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Really pulling for this one. A Ruggs-Jeudy tandem on the field together with an improved Hurts playing pitch-catch is a very intriguing prospect indeed.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Ruggs looks very impressive in the Army game. How do we stand with him right now?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The staff had made Ruggs our #1 target at WR and are going after him hard. I think we get him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I saw where we got 4 CB's today for Henry. We are the team to beat and I am starting to feel more confident he will sign with us.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

I saw where we got 4 CB's today for Henry. We are the team to beat and I am starting to feel more confident he will sign with us.
Coach, Sark and Ansley visited Henry and went to watch his basketball game.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I hope you're right. I would think Sark and the other coaches are trying to reassure these guys that we are fully committed to a balanced attack on O and that last season was some what of an anomaly(as far as passing goes). Hopefully these kids will buy in and we can get back to throwing the ball around the field like we used to.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hey guys what's the latest on Ruggs? Last thing I saw was Coach Saban at his basketball game.
Penn State had an in home visit with him yesterday. Saban was there Tuesday.

I was told months ago by a local high school player that knows Henry that he was silently committed to Bama at that point. No evidence to suggest otherwise at this point.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

Penn State had an in home visit with him yesterday. Saban was there Tuesday.

I was told months ago by a local high school player that knows Henry that he was silently committed to Bama at that point. No evidence to suggest otherwise at this point.
I should know better than to try to figure out why a 17 or 18 year old kid does things but I've never understood the "silent commit" thing unless you plan on traveling to someplace fabulous on an official visit like Hawaii or Miami. If you lived in someplace like Louisiana, I could understand it because of the amount of crap the locals would give you if you're not going to LSU. I just don't see Alabama fans giving Ruggs all that hard of a time if he chose some place like Penn State.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.