Henry Ruggs 5-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: Henry Ruggs 4-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

From my observations, its a "boog town" when Awbs have a good year, the other years its more of a shoulder shrug.
It's a town full of politicians, so why should we expect anything different. Whichever way the wind is currently blowing will change which flag they fly.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

The Seminoles have kept it more than interesting in Ruggs' recruitment and they are a real threat here. Let's hope Henry keeps it down home and contributes on the winning Crimson side of the field in Atlanta in September.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The Seminoles have kept it more than interesting in Ruggs' recruitment and they are a real threat here. Let's hope Henry keeps it down home and contributes on the winning Crimson side of the field in Atlanta in September.
I've heard FSU is more of a threat than anyone expected a week or two ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Um, that is ridiculous. His brother has some major talent just like Henry. Some folks man...
First, the timing makes it look desperate. Second, he doesn't even have a 247 profile yet. That doesn't qualify as "major talent."

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL

Um, that is ridiculous. His brother has some major talent just like Henry. Some folks man...
Yeah, big boy, some folks. Name the last time Saban offered a 5-star recruit's brother two days before signing day. I don't care what you say, the timing makes it look a little desperate.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Yeah, big boy, some folks. Name the last time Saban offered a 5-star recruit's brother two days before signing day. I don't care what you say, the timing makes it look a little desperate.
Did not mean to offend you there Shoals. Kevontae Ruggs is a 6'4" LB recruit and basketball player. We just had Junior Day this weekend and we usually offer numerous Juniors the weekend before signing day. Regardless of how it looks - and I am not sure why any Tidefans would be worried about that anyway - Coach offered the kid a scholly because he evidently likes something about the kid. It would not be the first time our staff under Saban has offered a kid flying under the radar first before a bevy of offers followed and I assume this is the case here. As I said earlier in the thread, Freeshoes is much more of a threat that anyone realizes but I do not believe this staff has ever offered one brother to get another. This coach is simply not wired that way.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Posted this on another thread, but the AJC guy says Florida State has made up ground, as has Florida with Ray.

As for offering family members, we did that very thing with Marcel Dareus.

Here

Did not mean to offend you there Shoals. Kevontae Ruggs is a 6'4" LB recruit and basketball player. We just had Junior Day this weekend and we usually offer numerous Juniors the weekend before signing day. Regardless of how it looks - and I am not sure why any Tidefans would be worried about that anyway - Coach offered the kid a scholly because he evidently likes something about the kid. It would not be the first time our staff under Saban has offered a kid flying under the radar first before a bevy of offers followed and I assume this is the case here. As I said earlier in the thread, Freeshoes is much more of a threat that anyone realizes but I do not believe this staff has ever offered one brother to get another. This coach is simply not wired that way.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Posted this on another thread, but the AJC guy says Florida State has made up ground, as has Florida with Ray.

As for offering family members, we did that very thing with Marcel Dareus.

Here
Was Darius' brother not a sign and place? I could be wrong but I just have not seen a bunch of games played by this staff in recruiting. The spots are simply too valuable and Saban emphasizes that fact.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Not really. Kid is good- he can also play. Saban offers kid every year after Junior Day.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

Yeah, on "Junior Day" the coaches see a kid they really like and want him on their team but should realize they need to wait until after NSD since they also want his older brother (current recruit) on their team, too.
They don't want rivals (or even some Bama fans) thinking it is a sneaky way of putting pressure on the current recruit for his signature...........or maybe they DON'T CARE what detractors think and continue with the "process".

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

It's a town full of politicians, so why should we expect anything different. Whichever way the wind is currently blowing will change which flag they fly.
Funny thing though, all those politicians are from other parts of the state, hardly any from Montgomery....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

In your earlier post, you said he had "major talent." Assuming that is true, don't you think recruiting sites and colleges would be well aware of him prior to him getting on campus for a Junior Day when his brother is one of the top WRs in this class? People go see Henry play and end up noticing a LB balling out and start asking questions, or they hear Ruggs' little brother is a stud on defense and offer in hopes the two might be intrigued by playing together.

See how offering the little brother of a 5* four days before NSD (even if on Junior Day) causes some to raise an eyebrow?

And just because you don't know of the staff playing games doesn't mean they don't. Because they do.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

In your earlier post, you said he had "major talent." Assuming that is true, don't you think recruiting sites and colleges would be well aware of him prior to him getting on campus for a Junior Day when his brother is one of the top WRs in this class? People go see Henry play and end up noticing a LB balling out and start asking questions, or they hear Ruggs' little brother is a stud on defense and offer in hopes the two might be intrigued by playing together.

See how offering the little brother of a 5* four days before NSD (even if on Junior Day) causes some to raise an eyebrow?

And just because you don't know of the staff playing games doesn't mean they don't. Because they do.
Good enough. My point is that if he is offered a scholarship from the U of A - arguably the preeminent college football power in the nation for the past decade - then he is a major recruit. And as far as anyone's eyebrows are concerned, with all due respect, who really cares? People are going to criticize no matter what we do anyway. So, if Coach offered this kid a scholly I certainly take it on terms of precedent set by the staff over the years which is to offer the kids that give us the best chance of being successful. I may be wrong and time will tell but that is my take.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.