Henry Ruggs 5-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Re: Henry Ruggs 4-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

In your earlier post, you said he had "major talent." Assuming that is true, don't you think recruiting sites and colleges would be well aware of him prior to him getting on campus for a Junior Day when his brother is one of the top WRs in this class? People go see Henry play and end up noticing a LB balling out and start asking questions, or they hear Ruggs' little brother is a stud on defense and offer in hopes the two might be intrigued by playing together.

See how offering the little brother of a 5* four days before NSD (even if on Junior Day) causes some to raise an eyebrow?

And just because you don't know of the staff playing games doesn't mean they don't. Because they do.
Are you saying it is not ok to raise an eyebrow or play games?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Link to the AL.com article on him.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...ers_kevontae_ruggs.html#incart_river_home_pop

Per Ruggs' HUDL page, he had 60 solo tackles, 32 assisted tackles, six tackles for loss and two interceptions
Everybody needs to watch his video. He has the build, speed and hitting we now look for in our OLB's. This was a legitimate offer IMO and he will soon have a profile page and many other offers.

Keenan Allen would have signed with us if we would have offered his brother who eventually was the starting QB at Cal but we did not do it.

Marcel's brother was a sign and place the whole time and that was done for the announcement ceremony only. Was never stepping foot on campus.

Most of us know an offer now does not mean he is a take later so even if you are cynical of the offer it means nothing right now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Everybody needs to watch his video. He has the build, speed and hitting we now look for in our OLB's. This was a legitimate offer IMO and he will soon have a profile page and many other offers.

Keenan Allen would have signed with us if we would have offered his brother who eventually was the starting QB at Cal but we did not do it.

Marcel's brother was a sign and place the whole time and that was done for the announcement ceremony only. Was never stepping foot on campus.

Most of us know an offer now does not mean he is a take later so even if you are cynical of the offer it means nothing right now.
I was just about to bring up Keenan Allen and mention that I can't recall us doing a "package deal" since CNS has been here. Not sure why we'd feel compelled to do one with Ruggs considering the other top WR prospects already signed. Probably more likely than not that this time next year his brother will be offered by everybody..

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Yeah, big boy, some folks. Name the last time Saban offered a 5-star recruit's brother two days before signing day. I don't care what you say, the timing makes it look a little desperate.
When was the last time Saban bowed to the pressure from a teenage kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Forget the offer to his brother. The most important thing to me in the news about it? Henry was on campus with him. Can't hurt to have him on campus the weekend before NSD.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.