Henry Ruggs 5-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I know we are recruiting him, but is he a priority for us? I sure hope so, this kid reminds me a lot of Tyrone Prothro (just not as strong of course as Prothro was a beast in the weight room). He is fast and is a threat to score any time he touches the ball. With Lee having to forfeit 6 wins we sadly won't see him in the playoffs. So recruiting gurus, does he have a commitable offer?

I couldn't find a thread on him so if I'm doubling up please move my post.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Henry Ruggs 4-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

He absolutely has an offer. We are pursuing Henry and Devonta Smith out of LA real hard. He announced a commitment date but backed off it and most believe it is down to us and the Barn.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

The staff wants him for sure.
I keep seeing Nico Collins' (from Clay-Chalkville, AL) name mentioned in conjunction with the Univ of Alabama in AL.COM articles (he has visited Alabama practices and games, and Mario Cristobal is recruiting him).

I know weeks ago, most believed he was headed out of state to anywhere but Alabama or Auburn - has anything changed?

At this point, would Alabama have a scholarship available for him if he wanted to stay closer to home? Or, are numbers so tight that we are focused on likely commits Henry Ruggs and Devonta Smith.....rather than gamble our coaches time/efforts on someone who has indicated that he is more interested in out of state schools??
RTR

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I keep seeing Nico Collins' (from Clay-Chalkville, AL) name mentioned in conjunction with the Univ of Alabama in AL.COM articles (he has visited Alabama practices and games, and Mario Cristobal is recruiting him).

I know weeks ago, most believed he was headed out of state to anywhere but Alabama or Auburn - has anything changed?

At this point, would Alabama have a scholarship available for him if he wanted to stay closer to home? Or, are numbers so tight that we are focused on likely commits Henry Ruggs and Devonta Smith.....rather than gamble our coaches time/efforts on someone who has indicated that he is more interested in out of state schools??
RTR
Haven't seen anything new with Nico. I still believe he wants out of the state (most likely Michigan).

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

AU friend saying Ruggs told Gus he was coming to AU after the AL/MS ASG yesterday. Also saw those claims on AU message board.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

AU friend saying Ruggs told Gus he was coming to AU after the AL/MS ASG yesterday. Also saw those claims on AU message board.
Things might have changed, but I've been told by Rugg's friends he's Bama all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

May not be room for Ruggs at Bama, as the class is almost full. Auburn eats our scraps in a lot of instances.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I would hope there is room for him. He's legit and definitely not "scraps". This is the kind of kid we've needed for a while on special teams.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

I can say this with certainty. The coaches on Alabama's all-star team thought the world of Ruggs. He was also wearing Bama gear and trying to talk Nico Collins into rolling with Bama. Either that's a big smoke screen or Auburn is unreasonably optimistic. He's clearly the best WR in the state, FWIW.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I can say this with certainty. The coaches on Alabama's all-star team thought the world of Ruggs. He was also wearing Bama gear and trying to talk Nico Collins into rolling with Bama. Either that's a big smoke screen or Auburn is unreasonably optimistic. He's clearly the best WR in the state, FWIW.
Agreed. IIRC he also returned the opening kick for 6 in the all star game too. He is scary fast.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

A friend sent me an update from a Bama recruiting analyst and it states Ruggs is our top remaining WR target and we are pushing hard for his commitment. He does not know if there is room for another WR in this class and Devonta Smith and Nico Collins (Mich lean anyway) are on the outside looking in at this time. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds from here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.