Henry Ruggs 5-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Henry Ruggs 4-star WR from Lee-Montgomery

I should know better than to try to figure out why a 17 or 18 year old kid does things but I've never understood the "silent commit" thing unless you plan on traveling to someplace fabulous on an official visit like Hawaii or Miami. If you lived in someplace like Louisiana, I could understand it because of the amount of crap the locals would give you if you're not going to LSU. I just don't see Alabama fans giving Ruggs all that hard of a time if he chose some place like Penn State.
Remember that Montgomery is a boog town... :cool2:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Maybe it was at the request of the coaches, who did not want to scare off Devonta Smith.

I should know better than to try to figure out why a 17 or 18 year old kid does things but I've never understood the "silent commit" thing unless you plan on traveling to someplace fabulous on an official visit like Hawaii or Miami. If you lived in someplace like Louisiana, I could understand it because of the amount of crap the locals would give you if you're not going to LSU. I just don't see Alabama fans giving Ruggs all that hard of a time if he chose some place like Penn State.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

Remember that Montgomery is a boog town... :cool2:
Not sure I would agree with that. Been here for 17 years and in the area for my whole life. It's about 50/50. Prattville is a big Bama town and it's 10 minutes away. I doubt Ruggs's lack of public commitment has much to do with Auburn fans. Other Montgomery kids have committed early.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Well, things change I suppose... :cool2:

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
It should be noted, though, that the Montgomery Advertiser is eat up with Auburn. That could be where some of the perception of being an Auburn town comes from.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It should be noted, though, that the Montgomery Advertiser is eat up with Auburn. That could be where some of the perception of being an Auburn town comes from.
This has to be part of it.

Overall, the area is at least 55/45 Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
So is every other major paper in the state...(by design). :rolleyes:

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

What does that have to do with Montgomery being considered a "boog town?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From my observations, its a "boog town" when Awbs have a good year, the other years its more of a shoulder shrug.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Lets get off boog towns. I keep thinking we are going to get an update on Henry but keep seeing boog town stuff.

I saw where Henry did get a CB recently from Josh Newberg who is with Noles247. This is his first CB other than Bama. Think he is wrong and he will sign with us.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Tell you what, our main competition for Ruggs may be Avery Johnson - Henry was the player of the game last night in round ball. Dude really is going to be something in college.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.