Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I guess some people just can't get sarcasm unless there is a blue font. When I wrote that I thought LSU was going to win because they wanted it more than Bama, I was referring to what some of the ESPN pundits had said earlier today. Personally, I am not all surprised that LSU didn't score. I thought we would win by 14 or more.
I guess you are right. If you know about the blue font then it is good to use it or some other method to indicate sarcasm. We can only read them like we see them.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Joe: My dog is a big Bama fan, everytime we beat LSU he sits up barks and does a flip!
Bill: Wow, thats cool...what does he do when LSU beats Bama?
Joe: I don't know, he is only six years old! ;)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
If you think we were "fortunate to win" you didn't watch the game. We didn't get lucky; we dominated. And that domination translated to victory.

I agree. Yes Adam has problems...but he wasn't the reason for our offensive woes today. We also dominated and weren't lucky. If our offense could have clicked better...we would have demolished them even more.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Before the ref spotted the ball CNS was pointing to where he thought it should be placed. The ref said something to him and then spotted it short. I would hope it was reviewed during the timeout and that's way we didn't push it. His knee was down and he was short but not as short as the spot.
You're thinking of the one where Calvin reached out. The one I'm talking about was going the other direction and was clearly a first down.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
LSU had a dang good plan to make sure that the zone read option didn't beat them. They forced us into a toss/inside zone handoff type game with the QB run only being a factor off loose plays and downhill QB inside/outside zone plays.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
No, I'm saying that our reason for going for it had nothing to do with AG. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We know he could make it from 17 yards out. We went for it because that's the right call, regardless of field goal kicker.
I agree it was the right call, but IMO you're dreaming if you think our kicking woes didn't factor into it.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We were VERY fortunate to win and Adam can't kick. I pull for him every game. He can't kick.
Can't agree with either of your claims here. "Fortunate to win" is like a backhanded compliment and implies, to some degree, being undeserving. Bama earned the W tonight. LSU wouldn't score if we played until Mardi Gras. Griffith hasn't had a stellar year, thus far, but to say he can't kick is uncalled for. I'll remind you of last year's Auburn game and the CFPNCG. There's more to his role on this team than just kicking FG's.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
How many drives did we start inside the 15 yard line? Felt like nearly nearly all. When you think about how bad our field position was almost the whole game, and how relatively good was LSU's, it's even more amazing to get that shutout! LSU got the ball on our side of the 50 twice from turnovers!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.