Pick the score: Mississippi State vs. Alabama

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Well next up is the Bulldogs, who by some miracle beat Texas AM last week. We get them at home at 11 :mad: (I have to work so I'll miss the first hour and half of the game). Anyway, we are a better team, but we must play focused.

Bama wins 34-7

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
State is playing better of late and I could see us in a little bit of a letdown. Just one of those teams that's hard to get up for...but we will should still win comfortably.

Bama 33
State 10

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
I can't predict scores and in all honesty 1pt more than them will do me just fine but I'm hoping for something a lot more comfortable and a chance to get the back ups in and protect our starters as soon as possible.

A possible banana skin, but thankfully we have CNS so I don't see anyone being allowed to take their eyes off the prize.

RTR

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not to dismiss their win over the Aggies but.....ATM has the #89 (out of 128 teams) rushing defense at 197.4 ypg. Even when you take away the last game where MSU ran all over them, they still give up 176.5 ypg (which would make them #72).

ATM is also 95th in total defense, giving up 440 ypg. We are second only to Michigan, and when you remember that we've played the toughest schedule out there and Michigan has played the 52nd toughest....oh, and we're giving up .12 yards per play less than UM.......what this means is our defense is about as close to hermetically sealed as possible.

Alabama 38
MSU 7

I think MSU actually beating ATM HELPS us because they're so happy that it puts THEM at just as much risk of a letdown game as we are.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
A lot to a little.

Last week against A&M was a fluke caused by the early injury to Knight taking the wind out of their sails. I do expect our defense to continue to play at the high level that they have been, and our offense to hum right along against a below average MSU defense. I don't usually call for large wins, but I will be shocked if we win by any less that 5 TDs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Kiffin and Saban will spend a lot of time in the next 2 games trying to "fix" the passing game, which will hold down the scoring by Alabama. You could win this game by almost any amount, but won't.

Alabama - 37
Miss State - 13

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Bama- 34

Miss State-10

Please, no injuries! Starters hopefully on bench by 2nd half.

RTR!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
38-14 Bama.
This score includes 2nd and 3rd stringers when they come in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Hopefully our starters, esp on offense, can rest in the 4th quarter or sooner. We don't need any more injuries with Auburn coming up. Lots of injuries this past weekend in college football, esp with starting QB's. We can't afford to lose anyone, especially Jalen and our Running backs. Same for when we play Chattanooga.

I will be cheering for UGA to beat Auburn.. then the West is settled already.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.