2016 Week Eleven Gameweek (MSU) Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I have always said that Mullen's has achieved more with 2 and 3 star talent than most do with 3 and 4 stars. Scary to think how well he might do with better talent and resources around him.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
It's my understanding that both he and his wife are difficult personalities to deal with. My sister-in-law's brother played for Mullen at State and he cannot stand the guy. Has nothing good to say about him. I've also read that he was never really considered for the Florida job because he clashed with the athletic department staff.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think Shank is likely done with football. taking this long to get out of concussion protocol isn't a very good sign, and for his long term health it's probably not worth the risk of another one.

For Cotton, it seems like it's just not quite clicking for him yet. LSU was certainly a tough test, but he had a really, really rough outing and as a casual observer, he doesn't yet seem to be progressing. He might need an offseason to be able to correct whatever is going on, especially since he had that bye-week as extra reps to build on and that didn't seem to correct the issue.

Kirven played really well the few times he's been pushed into duty at LT, so maybe this is his shot and with a viable backup at LT emerging the staff might want to get the next best OL a shot at playing.
Think you're right about Shank and I hate it. When they said he had already had a few since being here it's certainly worrisome. Better to call it now than being pronounced by a coroner.
Hoping it is something else that isn't so serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
It's my understanding that both he and his wife are difficult personalities to deal with. My sister-in-law's brother played for Mullen at State and he cannot stand the guy. Has nothing good to say about him. I've also read that he was never really considered for the Florida job because he clashed with the athletic department staff.
I read that Florida actually interviewed him, but he failed the interview badly.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've also heard stuff about how his family likes Starkville but I've taken that with a grain of salt. Starkville isn't as bad as we like to joke but come on now...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.