My experience in Baton Rouge

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Saturday was my first time in Death Valley, and going in I heard many varying experiences from different people. I have to say the Tigahs have one of the most unique and fun experiences that I have ever witnessed. I've only been to mizzou, ole miss, and auburn on the road prior to this, so maybe Florida, Tennessee, and UGA are comparable but I don't know. But I had a blast

Atmosphere A+++: I have never felt such a feeling on a college football Saturday. From the stadium to the tailgate and to the fans. Really top notch and every college football fan should experience it once

Fans A+: I agree with our new tiger poster that LSU fans get a bum rap due to their bad apples. I would venture to say that the Tigah fans are some of the funniest to be around if you take your "tiger baiting" and ribbing well. I was in a LSU section and they were really fun, and classy. The guys that tailgating next to us offered us food and beer. There were bad apples here and there but not enough to ruin the

Stadium A++: I feel that BDS is slightly better, but it's more of preference. Tiger is way louder due to how it's built and their fans. I swear that stadium shakes because it's so loud. But it's a very good stadium

Compared to my other road experiences: it's the best.

Auburn is probably my worst experience (sorry dub), but it's more how auburn fans treat Bama fans and not as much as the stadium. Maybe I'll go back, but only when I'm 98% sure we wil blow them out C-

Mizou was ok, and the fans probably the reason I give the edge over auburn. Their stadium you sit well but it's an eyesore. I probably won't go back due to the distance I live from it now compared to where I lived then (Omaha in 2012 compared to Tuscaloosa now) C

Ole miss was decent aside from one fan, but overall a good experience overall. Had the game been won faster (this year) it would have been better since the loudmouth would've been quiet. The grove is meh. I'll go back but not until I go to other stadiums on my list. B

LSU is an A++, and I will definitely do it again.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
My brother and I traveled to Fayetteville about 8-9 years ago to see Bama play the Hogs and I have to admit the Hog fans were very kind and good natured. Nice campus, smoking good looking cheerleaders and I gotta admit the live razorback hog they have is pretty cool looking up close. I think they sedate that Hog before they bring him out in his cage because he's pretty mellow, much more so than I would expect.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Only time at Death Valley was back in late 70`s when they played USCw at night. Never seen anything like it. Love BD, but everybody needs to go to a night game in BR at least once. Great fans in Norman as well.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
My experience is much the same. I was very reluctant due to the horror stories I had heard, however the LSU fans were great and we had a blast. Other than one drunk Auburn kid, we have a great time at all the stadiums we visit. Maybe I am just a nice person???? My advice to those traveling to other stadiums is to act nice, be humble, and show class. When someone tries to get in your face, the best response is "God Bless You". Hard for anyone to say anything about that.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
My brother and I traveled to Fayetteville about 8-9 years ago to see Bama play the Hogs and I have to admit the Hog fans were very kind and good natured. Nice campus, smoking good looking cheerleaders and I gotta admit the live razorback hog they have is pretty cool looking up close. I think they sedate that Hog before they bring him out in his cage because he's pretty mellow, much more so than I would expect.

Will have to contact a Mod about whether there are problems currently w the site, as, for some reason, I'm not seein' the pics you undoubtedly posted... :wink:

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Didn't have any issues when I went to au. Didn't really chat it up with their fans though. Got lucky enough to sit next to a hot Bama chick so all was good ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.