Who You Got in the SEC East???

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tennessee. Florida is such a dumpster fire that they could lose out. I don't see mizzou and Vandy beating them if Kentucky loses this week.I think uk loses big, and Tennessee is better without Hurd so I think the east will be decided this week

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Florida. I don't see the Vols beating KY, Vandy, and MO. If the Gators beat USC this weekend they should win the east.

Personally, I'd love to curb stomp the Vols twice in one year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Florida. I don't see the Vols beating KY, Vandy, and MO. If the Gators beat USC this weekend they should win the east.

Personally, I'd love to curb stomp the Vols twice in one year.
I have more faith that USCe wins the east at 4-4 than UF. UF and UT are both bad teams with misleading records. While LDR was a detriment, appleby is worse. USCe is on an upward trajectory while UF seems to be one big toe from falling off a cliff with a bottomless pit. The only thing that can save IF at this point is their defense, but they have to beat the coach that recruited them or else the ticket to Atlanta is closed, because they won't win at LSU.

If Tennessee beats UK then I would say their chances to Atlanta are at about 90% because Missouri can't beat anyone, and relying on Vandy's offense against anyone isn't reassuring. Tennessee will probably win it if they win this Saturday.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My bet would be Tennessee. But if there is some massive tie at 4-4 the tie-breakers will be a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I have more faith that USCe wins the east at 4-4 than UF. UF and UT are both bad teams with misleading records. While LDR was a detriment, appleby is worse. USCe is on an upward trajectory while UF seems to be one big toe from falling off a cliff with a bottomless pit. The only thing that can save IF at this point is their defense, but they have to beat the coach that recruited them or else the ticket to Atlanta is closed, because they won't win at LSU.

If Tennessee beats UK then I would say their chances to Atlanta are at about 90% because Missouri can't beat anyone, and relying on Vandy's offense against anyone isn't reassuring. Tennessee will probably win it if they win this Saturday.
I don't have "faith" in any of these teams in the east. You mays be right. It's a coin toss.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Since none of those teams is capable of beating Alabama, I have stopped thinking about the SECe and SECCG. Alabama has a better chance of losing to MSU than whatever team makes it from the East.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
It really comes down to two games -- Kentucky at Tennessee and Florida at LSU.

Personally I think Tennessee gets its act together and wins out, but I thought that before they lost to USCe also. I can't imagine them losing to Missouri and they should beat Vandy.

Florida has a good defense but will have a very hard time scoring in Baton Rouge. I think the Tigers pull that out... So I guess my pick is Tennessee.

Like others have noted, Bama would roll any team in the East pretty easily though. I think the top six teams in the west are probably better than anyone in the east.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'd like to see Kentucky slip in there. I think Florida loses to LSU and Tennessee loses to either Vandy, or Mizzou, or Kentucky. South Carolina, who knows? Definitely a crazy division.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Since none of those teams is capable of beating Alabama, I have stopped thinking about the SECe and SECCG. Alabama has a better chance of losing to MSU than whatever team makes it from the East.
I agree. The East has weakened the SEC. I can no longer say the SEC is the dominate conference. Still, I route for all but 2 SEC teams during the Bowl season. Well, scratch that. I stopped watching bow games when the CFP took over.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This is a tad off topic, but say the sloppy toppers win the east.
Then, on a fluke play/bad or obviously missed call, UT gets to kick a 55+ yd fg and beat Bama by a point.
If all other teams have one loss (Clemson loses, Mich loses, Washington loses and WM is the only unbeaten team), does Bama go to the playoffs?
Sorry to go OT, but this just popped into my head, with UT's three losses.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Tennessee appears to have the easiest schedule, but the way UK is/has played who knows but it is in Knoxville. Can't see Mizzou giving them a fight, Vandy will play them close but it is still Vandy. USCe vs UF is now a toss up, but don't see UF beating LSU in Baton Rouge. Tennessee would be my pick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.