2016 CFP Rankings #2

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Still a lot football to be played, but I can see the following happening.

1. tOSU beats UM in the season finale in Columbus by a touchdown or less.
2. tOSU beats Wisconsin again in the B1G championship game.
3. Washington loses one game but wins the PAC 12 championship.
4. Alabama and Clemson win out.
5. Michigan with one loss and not B1G champ gets in ahead of a one loss Louisville and a one loss PAC 12 champion.
In this scenario, tOSU as the Big 10 champ will be in the playoff. If Wisconsin wins the BIG 10 with 2 losses, then Michigan may get in with their only loss to tOSU.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
The committee uses whatever logic they need and it usually changes from week to week.
Which, IMO, is just another reason the playoff rankings are useless until the regular season is over. Let 'em meet each week and go through their motions but don't release actual rankings until week before conference championship games. There's just too much that can happen with 1/3 season remaining.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Which, IMO, is just another reason the playoff rankings are useless until the regular season is over. Let 'em meet each week and go through their motions but don't release actual rankings until week before conference championship games. There's just too much that can happen with 1/3 season remaining.
It creates discussion, which creates viewers, which creates $$$.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think it's worth nothing that USC has been a completely different team since changing QBs.

I'd still be surprised if two teams from the same conference made it. I only see that happening if the alternative conference champs are clearly unworthy (such as a three loss Pac 12 south champ upsetting the Pac 12 north champ.) I still think a 1 loss champ Washington gets in over a 1 loss non-conference champ Michigan.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
In this scenario, tOSU as the Big 10 champ will be in the playoff. If Wisconsin wins the BIG 10 with 2 losses, then Michigan may get in with their only loss to tOSU.
If Wisconsin won the big 10 over tOSU that would, I think, offset their season loss to them. It would shock me for the committee to skip over the conference champions and take UM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.