The Donald Wins....now what?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
He is a hard-core kook, borderline comm'nist. Why anyone (other than O'Dumbo) would listen to him for more than 5 uSec is unfathomable.

That is the nice synopsis.
I thought it was admirable for them to listen to him uninterrupted. Not that I agree with everything he said, but it gets so exhausting and demoralizing to listen to them interrupt and shout over one another it was refreshing to just hear a guy out and decide if he is full of it. He started out strong but the underlying whiner came out towards the end. I've thought similar things myself regarding the Don's character. The stuff about race was ridiculous IMO.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
You don't know that and neither does anybody else.

After all - Trump COULDN'T win, right?

But the hand-wringing now is somewhat amusing because I swear that I saw a meme on the morning after gay marriage (to give just the latest apocalyptic example used by people) that showed the sun rising the next morning.

Remember all those things Obama did that were going to 'wreck the economy?'

Did any of those ever actually happen? We're still here.
Great points. Our country has prospered under good administrations and weathered bad ones. Some pundits are saying this is a Brexit type of "crash." The market recovered in about a week after that vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Just a few things that Trump or Pence has promised.

Call the heads of companies like Pfizer, the Carrier Corp, Ford and Nabisco and warn them that their products face 35 % tariffs because they are moving jobs out of the country.

We're going to end the war on coal once and for all

Clean house at the Dept of Veteran Affairs.

Take steps to seal the southern border.

Stop the resettlement of Syrian refugees

Direct every agency in government to begin identifying all wasteful job-killing regulations, and they are going to be removed.

Repeal Obamacare.

Remove "criminal illegal immigrants" from the US on day one.

Going to repeal every single Obama executive order.

Just a few. Many more. I would expect something to be done on the Canada Pipeline
Hopefully stop all foreign aid, call for a Constitutional Amendment for Congressional term limits and a Constitutional Amendment for a balanced budget. Wishful thinking I know...

And tell the Federal Reserve "You're fired!"

This was a ballsy commercial calling out the elites and Federal Reserve. Spot on!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Thought this was a pretty good statement even though I don't know much about this guy other than he's a Democrat. I'm no where close to PC but whitelash is a pretty accurate term for what I've seen around here. It is also just a backlash against status quo politics.

I feel like that the nation divide is going to deepen even more after this. It would be nice to start seeing politics going in the direction of bringing people back together after this but I have a feeling we're going to get the opposite.
Stangely enough, looks like Trump captured a higher share of the minority vote (Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians) than Romney did in 2012. The backlash, if any, was socioeconomic in my opinion.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hopefully stop all foreign aid,
As someone who works in humanitarian aid, this would be disastrous. At least shutting off the spigot full-stop would be. You'd need to see tax-reform to incentive private donor giving. Our positive footprint in 3rd world countries suddenly disappearing would have adverse effects on the global economy, and thus, our own economy. No doubt that there are aspects of foreign-aid that need to be curtailed but to toss it out the window completely is bad call IMHO.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
You consider Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, and Chris Christie the best people?

Way to really shake up the establishment and do something different
Giuliani would be a great attorney general (would definitely shake that up). Newt would be a great chief of staff (understands capitol hill). Jeff Sessions might be a good Secretary of State. Not sure about Christie

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Thought this was a pretty good statement even though I don't know much about this guy other than he's a Democrat. I'm no where close to PC but whitelash is a pretty accurate term for what I've seen around here. It is also just a backlash against status quo politics.

I feel like that the nation divide is going to deepen even more after this.It would be nice to start seeing politics going in the direction of bringing people back together after this but I have a feeling we're going to get the opposite.
I don't know about politically, but socially and racially, I think we're about to see a great healing. Lord knows we need it.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
As someone who works in humanitarian aid, this would be disastrous. At least shutting off the spigot full-stop would be. You'd need to see tax-reform to incentive private donor giving.
Why do people need a "tax incentive" to do good?

Maybe if they were not demonized, and taxed to death, they would feel more generous.

Plus, "foreign aid" is usually not used for "humanitarian" causes.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
As someone who works in humanitarian aid, this would be disastrous. At least shutting off the spigot full-stop would be. You'd need to see tax-reform to incentive private donor giving. Our positive footprint in 3rd world countries suddenly disappearing would have adverse effects on the global economy, and thus, our own economy. No doubt that there are aspects of foreign-aid that need to be curtailed but to toss it out the window completely is bad call IMHO.
We have $20T in debt. We can't take care of others until we take care of ourselves.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I feel like that the nation divide is going to deepen even more after this. It would be nice to start seeing politics going in the direction of bringing people back together after this but I have a feeling we're going to get the opposite.
The stuff he said about Trump is the same stuff that could be said about Hillary & the Dems - the irony is rich....

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Not sure where to put this one, so it goes here...............

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...sentiment-about-not-having-a-woman-president/

Shows the prevailing attitude of the typical elitist pig. If you don't support O'Dumbo, then you are a racist. If you don't support Hitlery, you are a sexist.

People are tired of hearing this crap. People are tired of "identity politics". That is a reason why Drumpf won.

Here is one more, who spouts the same crap:

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/11/08/failed-texas-gubernatorial-candidate-wendy-davis-strikes/

"Super Uterus".....................seriously? This is why it was her turn? Sickening.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The stuff he said about Trump is the same stuff that could be said about Hillary & the Dems - the irony is rich....

Funny how the people who want to invoke MLK do everything they can to keep the pot stirred up. Without a pot to stir, they have nothing else to stand on.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Van Jones is a communist. I hope he soaks in it. This country has become more divided the last 8 years because of the man currently occupying the White House than in the previous 30 years. Obama has exploited racial tension and encouraged it. That crap is over now.
Well his politics suck but his statement standing on it's own is pretty accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.