Anyone else getting a good chuckle from Hillary voters today?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well there is the matter of some very important naval installations that I don't think we would allow to leave. Any sitting president would not sit still and allow a whole border to be moved in. Unless they want a bloody nose I suggest they get over it.
George Washington sat still when Rhode Island refused to ratify the Constitution and thus went out of the Union between April 1789 and May 1790.
"No problem," said GW. "Let us know when you want in."

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
RE Cali...Who cares, its going to drop in the ocean soon enough. Re: Hillary voters...Bless their hearts.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well there is the matter of some very important naval installations that I don't think we would allow to leave. Any sitting president would not sit still and allow a whole border to be moved in. Unless they want a bloody nose I suggest they get over it.
When Thomas Jefferson, as the sitting president in 1803, heard of a move to establish a separate confederacy on both banks of the Mississippi, he wrote this:
Thomas Jefferson said:
if it should become the great interest of those nations (i.e. the states west of the Appalachians) to separate from this, if their happiness should depend on it so strongly as to induce them to go through that convulsion, why should the Atlantic States dread it? But especially why should we, their present inhabitants, take side in such a question? When I view the Atlantic States, procuring for those on the eastern waters of the Mississippi friendly instead of hostile neighbors on its western waters, I do not view it as an Englishman would be procuring future blessings for the French nation, with whom he has no relations of blood or affection. The future inhabitants of the Atlantic and Mississippi States will be our sons, We leave them in distinct but bordering establishments. We think we see their happiness in their union, and we wish it. Events may prove it otherwise; and if they see their interest in separation, why should we take side with our Atlantic rather than our Mississippi descendants? It is the elder and the younger son differing. God bless them both, and keep them in union, if it be for their good, but separate them, if it be better.
President Jefferson to John Breckenridge, Monticello, August 12, 1803.
The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, vol. 10, p. 323.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I admit it, I really expected her to win. This is the first time in my life I have been wrong predicting who would win and I didn't see any reliable pollster picking Trump.

Well, I had watched one and thought to myself, this guy is either going to be a genius or the biggest laughingstock on the planet. This is from September - BEFORE any of the sexual assault stuff broke - and he stuck with this through all of that.

Trump is headed for a win, says professor who has predicted 30 years of presidential outcomes correctly

=============
Nobody knows for certain who will win on Nov. 8 — but one man is pretty sure: Professor Allan Lichtman, who has correctly predicted the winner of the popular vote in every presidential election since 1984.

When we sat down in May, he explained how he comes to a decision. Lichtman's prediction isn't based on horse-race polls, shifting demographics or his own political opinions. Rather, he uses a system of true/false statements he calls the "Keys to the White House" to determine his predicted winner.

And this year, he says, Donald Trump is the favorite to win.
================

But don't expect this guy to become the new Nate Silver. He didn't tickle left-wing media ears, so he doesn't count. But give the man credit: he was right, dead on right. And sticking with it through the whole thing you gotta respect that.

My brother (news producer at WPRI in Rhode Island) sent me a text about this next one:

LA Times Poll

My bro said that the position of the LA Times to NOT go with that poll was defensible because it was an outlier; what is NOT defensible is they still insisted HRC was going to bag 350 EVs - and had no evidence other than their wishful thinking to support that.

He's bitterly angry (he voted for Johnson) because as he notes local stations have to take their lead off of the national news - but they've ALL now become so biased that the local stations bear the brunt of hostility. After all, if you live in Providence, you're not going to call the home base of NBC to complain but you WILL call your local TV station and rant.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
What a bunch of precious snowflakes.
Wonder how they'd've handles Omaha Beach? Or, heck, just surviving basic training? It looks like they'd pull themselves together. Then again, if you have never heard the word, "No," it can be disconcerting. "You're not good enough," or "you haven't worked hard enough to win," might fall on them like a ton of bricks.

tidegrandpa

All-American
What a bunch of precious snowflakes.
Wonder how they'd've handles Omaha Beach? Or, heck, just surviving basic training? It looks like they'd pull themselves together. Then again, if you have never heard the word, "No," it can be disconcerting. "You're not good enough," or "you haven't worked hard enough to win," might fall on them like a ton of bricks.
They're are actually grown men in some of these. Must have collected man cards at the door.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I shouldn't be experiencing THIS level of schadenfreude. But it's about time this generation of late teens and early 20-somethings learned that you don't get EVERYTHING you want served on a silver platter at your convenience. Poor little snowflakes receiving their first 'no' in life. I was probably 5 years old or less the last time I reacted like that.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.