Anyone else getting a good chuckle from Hillary voters today?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I do get one other (tiny) element of personal satisfaction out of this.

Gene Lyons is a nutbag columnist for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. He's a Clinton shill. I don't mind that, I really don't. It's an OPINION column for Pete's sake. Problem is that Lyons PRETENDS to be an impartial journalist who is 'just telling the facts.' His very picture on the ADG (at least years ago) just looked like a typically arrogant schmuck. He also wanted to get all technical with the law when it involved Clinton accusers breaking the law but didn't seem to have a problem with Bill's perjury. (He and another Clinton shill named Joe Conason wrote a book about the Whitewater scandal that may as well be used as a door stop).

Here's all you need to know about Lyons: in March 1998, long after everyone with a brain knew Clinton and Monica had done something, Lyons actually went on Tim Russert's show and said - and I quote - Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky "could be an entirely innocent affair."

I mean, are you kidding me? Lyons then doubled down by suddenly throwing out every stereotype that gets a conservative dismissed as a misogynist - saying women acted 'batty' around Bill. This is what he said:

"...and you sexualize his image with a lot of smears and false accusations so that people think he's Tom Jones or Rod Stewart, then a certain irreducible number of women are going to act batty around him."

(Do you realize at this point not one woman has ever been proven to have FALSELY alleged an affair with Bill Clinton? Yet Lyons keeps it up). Earlier this year, he went so far as to say, "People say they don't trust the media, and then they credit the imaginary scandals this cohort has peddled for 25 years. The exact causes of Clinton-hatred among the press clique remain obscure. Was it Bill Clinton's humble Arkansas origins? Humbling the Bush family? Failing to pay homage to society hostess Sally Quinn? Nobody knows."

Imaginary scandals, folks. But he really outdid himself less than a month ago:

1) I not only wouldn’t buy a used car from the guy, I wouldn’t trust him to walk my dogs. I wouldn’t let him in my front door, nor leave him alone with a 13-year-old girl. Would you if the child were your daughter? No, you wouldn’t. (Yet Bill and Monica was maybe entirely innocent???)

2) A Trump presidency is almost certainly never going to happen.

3) as Kevin Drum keeps calmly pointing out in Mother Jones, Trump’s aggregate poll numbers have never topped 43 percent nationally. He trails convincingly in almost every must-win “swing” state except Ohio.

4) Don’t kid yourselves: It’s all over but the counting.

So yeah, I honestly wish I could have been in a room watching this mouth drop open in shock and cry "rigged" as he no doubt would.

The downside, of course, is bigger - I'm stuck with a clown as President. So that offsets itself but watching Lyons' 36-year fantasy come to naught definitely fun.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Just curious, when will the public get an official vote count? IOW, when all ballots have been counted in each state to get an accurate popular vote count and verify the electoral college?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Just curious, when will the public get an official vote count? IOW, when all ballots have been counted in each state to get an accurate popular vote count and verify the electoral college?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Each state must certify its results, and each state has its own laws/regulations governing the certification process. It looks like the latest possible time for certification of election results is around December 13.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.