Game Thread: Bama - Coastal Carolina

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Well, it wasn't the prettiest game, but not too bad. I'm impressed with how much Donta has physically filled out. I'm excited about Braxton, Bola, and especially a healthy Dazon.

Last edited:

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Yeah, not the prettiest, but good enough down the stretch. Ingram looks pretty elite. Just a different feel when he has the ball. Several others showing some promise.

Inside presence is definitely lacking. There are going to be some rough nights when the shots aren't falling.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Yeah, not the prettiest, but good enough down the stretch. Ingram looks pretty elite. Just a different feel when he has the ball. Several others showing some promise.

Inside presence is definitely lacking. There are going to be some rough nights when the shots aren't falling.
Our interior D looked okay, but defensive rebounding and offensive playmaking inside was not so hot.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Nice win over a well coached team. We made some adjustments in the second half and started knocking down shots.

I'm excited about the potential of this team if we can stay healthy.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We looked pretty bad in the first half but took care of business in the second...and not a wear 'em down kind of deal, they came out hot...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Good win. Chanticleers gave us a game last year. Was Cliff still coaching there?

Just got home from the loveliest village for our season opener. We're talented, but small again. 83-66 over North Florida. Hope Wiley can get on campus quick for us. We need the size.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I tuned in when we were up 11-9 and watched about ten trips up and down the court. We did not get more than one decent shot while they were able to pass around and get some good looks and get offensive rebounds for second chances. They went ahead 18-11 so I turned away because it seemed like I was jinxing us. Haha. I'm glad to hear that we turned it around and figured some things out.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Working nights right now, so can't watch any of these early season games. Thanks for the game updates, and any analysis guys.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We were simply much bigger than they were and that gave them a problem in the 2nd half. We didn't do a good job of dictating the pace and we shot miserably in the 1st half. Rebounding was terrible in the 1st half. We still need to work on communication of switches on defense and need to be more consistent shooting.

Good signs were that Dazon, Riley and Corban Collins really played well I thought. Riley Norris seems to be shooting much better since he is not playing with broken fingers. Bola is going to likely be our best big down low. He has wide shoulders and oddly enough is more talented offensively than I thought he'd be. His only problem is he is prone to getting called for fouls since he is so physical. Jimmie played better in the 2nd half. He even hit a few free throws.

Bad signs were that we need ArMond Davis to be more consistent. He should be in double figures every game if can shoot decently. Hale didn't have his head in the game. He got jerked out and pouted on the bench. We are still a much better, at least, more talented team than last year. The future looks bright.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.