Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. MSU...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I heard some talking head say something about Fitzgerald getting hit on every one of his pas attempts.

Does anyone know if that was true or if it was just hyperbole?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
This is at least the 3rd game this season when too much time was allowed to run off the clock late in the 2nd quarter. I can't review the specifics now but I'm thinking it was around 30 seconds with 3 timeouts when Bama got a first down but did not call timeout.

The clock stops to move the chains but starts back up and the offense used up a chunk of time before making the snap. I think the situations were almost exactly the same in the other 2 games. Bama could probably have had two additional offensive snaps had a timeout been called at the appropriate time.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The scary thing for the rest of the college football world, Jalen hasn't even come close to playing to his potential yet.
I agree, but I believe we are now seeing some improvement in timing. On the INT, I wonder if there was confusion about the route the receiver was running. JH threw the ball as if he thought the receiver was going to make a sharp cut across the middle but the receiver was running a post route. I don't think JH missed on a post that bad, I think he was throwing to another spot.

Most troubling thing is he is still missing some wide open receivers. Missed Ridley on a sure TD when he was wide open one time Saturday.

But, he's improving and Saturday's experience of throwing that many times will prove beneficial. I kinda hope we employ the same game plan on Saturday for JH to pass even more.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I agree, but I believe we are now seeing some improvement in timing. On the INT, I wonder if there was confusion about the route the receiver was running. JH threw the ball as if he thought the receiver was going to make a sharp cut across the middle but the receiver was running a post route. I don't think JH missed on a post that bad, I think he was throwing to another spot.

Most troubling thing is he is still missing some wide open receivers. Missed Ridley on a sure TD when he was wide open one time Saturday.

But, he's improving and Saturday's experience of throwing that many times will prove beneficial. I kinda hope we employ the same game plan on Saturday for JH to pass even more.
Coach Saban stated that the int was on the receiver not Jalen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.