Game Thread: Pitt vs. Clemson

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Clemsoning.

Clemsoning.

Clemsoning.

The Clemson family harbors such hatred for this term, but it is so true...

Clemsoning.

It is real, almost tangible.

Clemsoning.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Just wow ... well if you had to lose one, that one would be it. But seriously, classic case of making sure that you come ready to play EVERY game. If it holds ... we may most likely play Clemson OR a one loss Michigan in the first round. Things are getting interesting indeed.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I've been saying all year long that this isn't last years Clemson team. This Clemson team is weak up front on both sides of the ball. They aren't as physical as they were last year. They miss Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd on defense bad and never found their true replacements. I think Clemson is just an above average team in an average conference.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Just wow ... well if you had to lose one, that one would be it. But seriously, classic case of making sure that you come ready to play EVERY game. If it holds ... we may most likely play Clemson OR a one loss Michigan in the first round. Things are getting interesting indeed.
Losing this late in the season is usually the kiss of death.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
They lost to an unranked team. They should drop quite a few places
They won't go past 7th ... just being real. The OSU/UM game will decide their fate. They will be in if they win out and OSU loses. If UM loses, the Big 10 will have 2 teams in ... I doubt the committee punishes UM with a loss against OSU unless they get totally blown out. The only way I'm thinking Louisville may get in is if both Washington and OSU loses, and that is possible but unlikely.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
They lost to an unranked team. They should drop quite a few places
With Texas A&M eliminated, there's really no one else likely to bump them out of the playoff even with one loss. Not a 2 loss OSU. Not a 2 loss Big 12 champ. If Michigan loses to OSU they are a 1 loss team but the ACC championship will put them over the top.

Anyone know who holds the tie-breaker in the ACC Coastal?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I stand by my scenario of OSU beating UM in a close game and beating Wisconsin again in the B1G championship game. Now the 4 teams could likely be Alabama, Michigan, OSU and Washington if they win out

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
They won't go past 7th ... just being real. The OSU/UM game will decide their fate. They will be in if they win out and OSU loses. If UM loses, the Big 10 will have 2 teams in ... I doubt the committee punishes UM with a loss against OSU unless they get totally blown out. The only way I'm thinking Louisville may get in is if both Washington and OSU loses, and that is possible but unlikely.
Hhhhmmmm....Not sure. Let me think on that. The acc championship is the only thing that can get clemson back into the final 4. And remember.....if it's the 4 best teams, does clemson fit the model anymore? Even if they win the acc? OSU lost to a team that's currently 7-2. Pitt, with tonight's victory is 6-4.

That's some slightly warm, not yet hot, garbage.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
With Texas A&M eliminated, there's really no one else likely to bump them out of the playoff even with one loss. Not a 2 loss OSU. Not a 2 loss Big 12 champ. If Michigan loses to OSU they are a 1 loss team but the ACC championship will put them over the top.

Anyone know who holds the tie-breaker in the ACC Coastal?
VT and NC both have two conference losses, but VT currently holds the tie breaker because they beat NC.

ColaTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2015
Columbia, SC
Don't count out Oklahoma...as weird as that sounds they always seem to get the benefit of the doubt. If we have to play Clemson id love to have 3 weeks to prep.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.