Game Thread: Michigan vs Iowa

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you win out you have one loss and are B1G champion. The loser of the UM vs tOSU is out.
If PSU wins out and OSU wins out, they go to the B1GCG, not OSU. So we could win out and not win the B1G.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
If PSU wins out and OSU wins out, they go to the B1GCG, not OSU. So we could win out and not win the B1G.
Yeah, and PSU has a couple of lay ups. If tOSU wins out impressively, the committee is going to have to seriously consider putting a non-conference champion in the playoffs.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I think that we will be ranked #2 on Tuesday. The win over Michigan will be worth as much as any conference championship game win. I think that we would get in, but I am a little biased.
Sorry, I hadn't read this post before my previous post. I agree but it's not a given.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
If Bama loses the SECCG to a poor SEC east champ the day before the committee's final selection, I think the committee will be delighted to leave Bama out.
If we lose to a low ranked east team we really don't belong in the CFP anyway. We are at the time of year where we need to win so we can be hitting on all cylinders for the playoff.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
The committee won't put 2 big 10 teams if the two cause a potential rematch imo. Generally speaking the viewers don't like rematches and the teams dont like it unless you were the loser the first time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
With the other losses today, Ohio State will probably get in even if we do not make the B1G CG as long as we win out.
Agreed on this, and really it's just a matter of name cache. Bama and Ohio State are two programs that simply have enough of a brand about them to make it in with a loss, maybe provided that that loss isn't surrounded by the worst set of circumstances imaginable. Probably the only two programs like that. Maybe Michigan, but that's more like hype cache.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.