Did Iowa just torpedo the Big 10?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
So if Ohio State beats Michigan and Penn State wins out, this means that Penn State goes to the Big 10 Championship and not Ohio State or Michigan. Iowa might have torpedoed the Big 10 from getting into the playoff last night by beating Michigan.

Last edited:

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
It's going to be fun watching the fireworks if Ohio State and Penn State both win out, and then Ohio State goes to the playoff instead of Penn State.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
So if Ohio State beats Michigan and Penn State wins out, this means that Penn State goes to the Big 10 Championship and not Ohio State or Michigan. Iowa might have torpedoed the Big 10 from getting into the playoff last night by beating Michigan.
The Big Ten could end up with 2 teams in.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
But of course the narrative will be how difficult the Big 10 competition is week in and week out because PSU beat tOSU and Iowa upset the Fighting Hairballs. And conversely it will be, "Bama is good but the rest of the SEC is a dumpster fire".

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Someone mentioned it in another thread but Wisconsin likely beats PSU in the B1G championship. Which means OSU and Wisconsin would go to the playoff.

I think OSU is fairly safe if they win out.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
But what if Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12? They are a two loss team too. Penn State and Wiscy both would have two losses as well.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
But what if Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12? They are a two loss team too. Penn State and Wiscy both would have two losses as well.
Oklahoma got spanked at home by the buckeyes.

The Sooners would be on the outside looking in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Well, either way, its looking like we are about to see just how important Conference Championships are. A nightmare scenario of sorts is beginning to unfold for the playoff committee.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It is a mess. Part of the whole reason for the committee is to prevent another single conference final. Now psu, uw, osu, and um are all saying it should be at least two of them.... The committee needs Michigan to win out. After last weekend, there is no telling what will happen....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Was it me or did the 'roughing the center/snapper' penalty see a lot like home cooking?
Yeah, I have seen it called more this year than ever before, and the call seemed to always help the home team. Probably coincidence, but still.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.