Starting 2nd/3rd string first vs Chattanooga

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I agree about taking the starters out when 4Q begins. As to thinking and acting as if our current game is a cupcake I am left to wonder. I would ask Coach Saban why he schedules 1AA teams and then gets mad when we think of them as 1AA. Answer please.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Starters are starters because they've earned it.

That said, I'm all for rotating guys in as early as possible. AFTER we build a 20 point lead.
Agreed - I would like to see us get more guys into this game early though. Our defensive rotation hasn't been very deep this year, and next year a lot of the 2s are going to have to step up and be 1s so it would be great to get them all some more real-game experience, especially at interior DL and ILB. It wouldn't have to be across the board changes but giving guys like Hand, Evans and R Davis some reps with the 1s could help us big time next year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree about taking the starters out when 4Q begins. As to thinking and acting as if our current game is a cupcake I am left to wonder. I would ask Coach Saban why he schedules 1AA teams and then gets mad when we think of them as 1AA. Answer please.
i would pay $20 to get to watch you ask him that question

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wofford beat them last week, running the ball for 247 yards without a passing game. Wofford, who lost to Ole Miss 38-13 earlier this season. This is a glorified scrimmage.

When I first thought about this game I thought that you would simply run the ball to shorten the game and avoid injuries, which would hold down the score. Then I considered the possibility that you might throw the ball more to get Hurts more game reps as a passer, which might hold down the score. Then you played MSU, scoring 51 points without a NOT, keeping Hurts in the pocket as a passer for most of the game.

IMO, you are going to have to seriously try to avoid scoring 60+ points in this game.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I hate, repeat hate these games. I dread the chop blocks by their 230 lb OL. I keep seeing Brodie Croyle tearing an ACL in my mind's eye. The seniors have a quarter. Score at will then pull everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.