Link: Derrius Guice: Alabama is "scared" of LSU's Rushing Attack...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Play with Guice in the game. Stacking the box? Lol

I was going to ask the same question. Maybe I don't understand what stacking the box is but doesn't it involve bringing both safeties in or am I wrong?

I watched and rewatched the game and I can count on one hand the times we had more than 7. I think what they are seeing is the insane speed of the secondary as soon as they recognize the play.

Now LSU, they stacked the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
So what this must mean then is that anytime a defense aligns itself it to take away their opponent's strength, they are afraid of that strength. Good to know that the LSU defense has never called a blitz or utilized particular pass coverages because they surely can't be afraid of the other teams ability to pass! Good to know that they never practice or implement punt coverages because we all know they are not afraid of the other team's ability to return a punt! Good to know that they have never utilized a spy on a dual threat QB because they can't, within a million years, let it be known to the world that they are scared of a running quarterback.

What's most remarkable of all is that this LSU defense has never even set foot on the field when their opponent possesses the football. Because they dare not reveal the fact that they are scared that the other team may actually score some points!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Why would we be scared of a team that is 0-6 in its last six meetings with us?

Do you realize that in their last seven meetings against Alabama, LSU has the same record as Kentucky does against us in their last seven(1-6)?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
i'm really not certain Bama stacked the box with 10 guys as much as he says they did. Saban absolutely drew up the plan to force LSU to win by throwing the football but I dont remember WRs and TES streaking wide open down the field all game long. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
i'm really not certain Bama stacked the box with 10 guys as much as he says they did. Saban absolutely drew up the plan to force LSU to win by throwing the football but I dont remember WRs and TES streaking wide open down the field all game long. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You played them straight up, but out of your base defense. I don't remember seeing the dime package at all in that game - mostly nickel. And you generally kept the LBs in close, but rarely the safeties. He is wrong. Period.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.