President Trump's Team

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Perry tapped to lead one of the agencies he wanted to eliminate.
Having met Obama's first Secretary of Energy, who is a brilliant nuclear physicist, as well as his brother, who was a professor at my medical school, this is depressing to witness.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Having met Obama's first Secretary of Energy, who is a brilliant nuclear physicist, as well as his brother, who was a professor at my medical school, this is depressing to witness.
there may be some enjoyment in watching these guys try to fight the bureaucracy that will be staunchly opposed to every move.

New EPA Chief, "We are going to remove standards to allow coal plants to produce more power regardless of soot output"

Bureaucrat "sure, I'll add it to my todo list which currently has a 5 year backlog and will be happy to implement this in 2021"

and queue Trump going ballistic on twitter on a entrenched, protected bureaucrat that simply doesn't give a damn

tidegrandpa

All-American
there may be some enjoyment in watching these guys try to fight the bureaucracy that will be staunchly opposed to every move.

New EPA Chief, "We are going to remove standards to allow coal plants to produce more power regardless of soot output"

Bureaucrat "sure, I'll add it to my todo list which currently has a 5 year backlog and will be happy to implement this in 2021"

and queue Trump going ballistic on twitter on a entrenched, protected bureaucrat that simply doesn't give a damn

Defunding the agency eliminates a lot of discussion.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Actually, the Dept of Energy is one agency Perry wanted to eliminate but he couldn't remember it during the debate. He couldn't remember it and he now will run it.!!:eek:

The department that Perry will lead was one that he famously forgot to name during a GOP presidential primary debate in 2011. Perry listed off federal agencies he hoped to eliminate if he were elected president.
“The third agency of government I would do away with – the Education, the Commerce. And let’s see. I can’t. The third one, I can’t,” Perry said. “Oops.”
Later, he clarified that he meant to name the Department of Energy.

[video]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/rick-perry-oops-video_n_1085336.html[/video]

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Theoretically, having leadership in place that is hostile to the constitutionally dubious agencies they will be running does not offend me at all. In fact, it gives me hope. Theoretically.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Actually, the Dept of Energy is one agency Perry wanted to eliminate but he couldn't remember it during the debate. He couldn't remember it and he now will run it.!!:eek:

The department that Perry will lead was one that he famously forgot to name during a GOP presidential primary debate in 2011. Perry listed off federal agencies he hoped to eliminate if he were elected president.
“The third agency of government I would do away with – the Education, the Commerce. And let’s see. I can’t. The third one, I can’t,” Perry said. “Oops.”

[video]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/rick-perry-oops-video_n_1085336.html[/video]
Huffington Post is fake news. Pure propaganda. ;)

tidegrandpa

All-American

As a grown man, you honest to God seriously read the Huffungton Puffington Post?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
As a grown man, you honest to God seriously read the Huffungton Puffington Post?
Well, I have the mind of a child!:eek2: They quit delivering the Communist Workers Daily out here, but with Trump and Putin being so close they might start again.

Who do you recommend GP? Info Wars? Alex Jones as WH Press Secretary?:eek:

Plus what was quoted above from the HP is the truth. I remember that moment from the debate very well. Don't you? You cantankerous old curmudgeon!! :)

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Not official just yet.

President-elect Trump has tapped GOP Rep. Ryan Zinke, who has represented Montana’s at-large congressional seat for one term, to serve as secretary of the Department of the Interior, according to an individual with first-hand knowledge of the decision.

Zinke, who studied geology as an undergraduate at the University of Oregon and served as a Navy SEAL from 1986 to 2008 before entering politics, campaigned for his House seat on a platform of achieving North American energy independence. He sits on the House Natural Resources Committee as well as the Armed Services Committee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d858e&wpisrc=al_alert-COMBO-politics%2Bnation

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.