President Trump's Team

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I didn't know this even existed until Trump had a twitter meltdown about it, but it's legitimately the best thing I've read today.

Vanity Fair: Trump Grill Could Be the Worst Restaurant in America

The allure of Trump’s restaurant, like the candidate, is that it seems like a cheap version of rich. The inconsistent menus—literally, my menu was missing dishes that I found on my dining partners’—were chock-full of steakhouse classics doused with unnecessarily high-end ingredients. The dumplings, for instance, come with soy sauce topped with truffle oil, and the crostini is served with both hummus and ricotta, two exotic ingredients that should still never be combined. The menu itself would like to impress diners with how important it is, randomly capitalizing fancy words like “Prosciutto” and “Julienned” (and, strangely, ”House Salad”).

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Technically, the hummus and ricotta are not combined. It's a trio of crostini: some with hummus; some with ricotta and prosciutto; and some with tomato, basil, and mozzarella.

Anyway, the prices are crazy for lunch. But I guess that's New York.
Actually, it's symbolic that NYC is no longer in Telegraph's list of the ten most expensive cities to eat out. I've hit four of them - Oslo, Frankfurt, Geneva and Zurich - and left with the credit card balance to show for it...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
An op-ed about Scott Pruitt and the EPA authored by our very own BamainBoston:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/15/opinions/epa-went-rogue-trump-pruitt-opinion-talley/index.html

And while Pruitt's enemies would never admit it, in the long run his confirmation would be good for the environment. Under his stewardship, the EPA can begin to implement policies that adhere to the mission of the agency and, just as importantly, can stand up in court.

What a welcome change that would be.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
and in an interesting note, the current editor of vanity fair is the same guy who in the '80s called trump a short fingered vulgarian.

good times.
Yup.

Although the reality of his Vanity Fair attack was to distract the news from reporting on the day he canceled his conflict of interest press conference and had his kids sit in on yet another transition meeting, I still enjoyed the review tremendously.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yup.

Although the reality of his Vanity Fair attack was to distract the news from reporting on the day he canceled his conflict of interest press conference and had his kids sit in on yet another transition meeting, I still enjoyed the review tremendously.
c'mon, he just backed out of two deals (brazil and azerbaijan) and is leaving both of those countries with the most awesome empty buildings. i believe the one in azerbaijan is the tallest in baku. this administration is going to have only the best conflicts of interest

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
c'mon, he just backed out of two deals (brazil and azerbaijan) and is leaving both of those countries with the most awesome empty buildings. i believe the one in azerbaijan is the tallest in baku. this administration is going to have only the best conflicts of interest
I mean, Hillary, Nancy, Barbara or Diane or their spouses never had any conflicts of interest exporting US jobs, technology or physical assets to China...but I digress.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.