President Trump's Team

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://rare.us/story/trumps-pick-to...ernment-to-spy-on-virtually-everything-we-do/

Not familiar with Pompeo, but not liking this so far

I want Donald Trump to be a successful president. I’m not eager to criticize him.

But watching his cabinet picks through my libertarian conservative lens, the president-elect is currently batting 500.

I have praised, to varying degrees, his choices of Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State, Gen. James Mattis as Defense Secretary, Betsy DeVos as Education Secretary, and Rep. Mick Mulvaney as Budget Director. Fiscal hawk Mulvaney in particular is a real home run.

But Trump’s choice of Sen. Jeff Sessions for Attorney General should greatly concern anyone who cares about the Constitution and civil liberties. His reported choice of John Bolton for Deputy Secretary of State is worrisome for those who want to avoid another Iraq-style war. Trump’s pick for Homeland Security, Gen. John Kelly, is a retrograde drug warrior whose appointment coincides with a time in American culture when marijuana is being legalized in many states and becoming more socially acceptable.

Then there’s Trump’s reported CIA pick, Rep. Mike Pompeo.

When Edward Snowden first alerted us in 2013 that the U.S. government was collecting citizens’ metadata en masse, the public was outraged. When government officials were asked point blank by Congress if they were spying on Americans in this way prior to Snowden’s revelation, they lied.

Why would they lie to begin with? Because they knew it was wrong and illegal.

That’s why Snowden came forward with the information he had. He did us all a favor. Polls showed the majority of Americans reject mass blanket surveillance.

Mike Pompeo wants to execute Edward Snowden and firmly re-establish mass surveillance as the law of the land in a way that goes even further.

In an op-ed at the Wall Street Journal in January, Pompeo wrote (emphasis added), “Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database.”

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
but we get to tell the libtards and shrillery to suck it, so it's all good
And we'll get it to do for more money online in an incredibly noncompetitive and surveiled internet, which is nice?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...gut-net-neutrality-rules-as-soon-as-possible/

The US Federal Communications Commission's two Republican members told ISPs yesterday that they will get to work on gutting net neutrality rules "as soon as possible."

FCC Republicans Ajit Pai and Michael O'Rielly sent a letter to five lobby groups representing wireless carriers and small ISPs; while the letter is mostly about plans to extend an exemption for small providers from certain disclosure requirements, the commissioners also said they will tackle the entire net neutrality order shortly after President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration on January 20.

FCC’s Ajit Pai says net neutrality’s “days are numbered” under Trump
"[W]e will seek to revisit [the disclosure] requirements, and the Title II Net Neutrality proceeding more broadly, as soon as possible," they wrote, referring to the order that imposed net neutrality rules and reclassified ISPs as common carriers under Title II of the Communications Act. Pai and O'Rielly noted that they "dissented from the Commission's February 2015 Net Neutrality decision, including the Order's imposition of unnecessary and unjustified burdens on providers."

Pai and O'Rielly will have a 2-1 Republican majority on the FCC after the departure of Democratic Chairman Tom Wheeler on January 20. Pai previously said that the Title II net neutrality order's "days are numbered" under Trump, while O'Rielly said he intends to "undo harmful policies" such as the Title II reclassification.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
What exactly sucked about the internet before February of 2015?
It didn't but the writing on the wall was there for where it was going, we ended up hitting the pause button for a year.

it is going to be great for TWC, Comcast, Cox, Mediacom and a few others, for the rest of us not so much

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
It didn't but the writing on the wall was there for where it was going, we ended up hitting the pause button for a year.

it is going to be great for TWC, Comcast, Cox, Mediacom and a few others, for the rest of us not so much
Thanks, I just really haven't studied that.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

Yeah, people will look back at this in 5 to 10 years and really, really wish they'd been paying attention.

Technically, the Dems stood for net neutrality, scientific research, and the environment; they just stupidly never talked about it. The GOP currently stands for the opposite of these things. We listened to the manatee, and there will be consequences.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah, people will look back at this in 5 to 10 years and really, really wish they'd been paying attention.

Technically, the Dems stood for net neutrality, scientific research, and the environment; they just stupidly never talked about it. The GOP currently stands for the opposite of these things. We listened to the manatee, and there will be consequences.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

but they wanted to help immigrants and be nice to gays and that's aginst ma rehligion!

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
but they wanted to help immigrants and be nice to gays and that's aginst ma rehligion!
Fair point. I'm pretty sure when Jesus encountered the poor and the outcasts, he turned his nose upward whilst scolding them to conform to social expectation and to get off their butts to find a job.

But whatever. Hope you enjoy your Alzheimers, since our new Cabinet doesn't believe in government-funded scientific research. And Miami becoming America's Venice might actually be a boon to the gondola industry.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Fair point. I'm pretty sure when Jesus encountered the poor and the outcasts, he turned his nose upward whilst scolding them to conform to social expectation and to get off their butts to find a job.

But whatever. Hope you enjoy your Alzheimers, since our new Cabinet doesn't believe in government-funded scientific research. And Miami becoming America's Venice might actually be a boon to the gondola industry.
actually, i think jesus' response was "suck it libtards". it was the first thing he said after he blessed the cheesemakers

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
actually, i think jesus' response was "suck it libtards". it was the first thing he said after he blessed the cheesemakers
I think he meant all manufacturers of dairy products. But that may be due to one of those newfangled modern translations.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I think he meant all manufacturers of dairy products. But that may be due to one of those newfangled modern translations.
The original Greek actually says:

3“Blessed are the strong,for theirs is the kingdom of earth.4Blessed are those who cheer,for they will be applauded.5Blessed are the those with hubris,for they will inherit the earth.6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for riches,for they will be filled.7Blessed are the ruthless,for they will be shown Ruth.8Blessed are the pure in ideology,for they will see political correctness.9Blessed are the widget-makers,for they will be called employers.10Blessed are those who persecute because of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of South Carolina .
Verily, I say, suck it libtards
Oh ye people of little money, stop being so lazy
For my father, who art in Trump Tower, hallow be his heart
For the Pharisee and the climatologist drown out the cry of the energy-poor widow and the orphan
with the sounds of their own hot air
Their science, though sound may be, workable solutions have none for thee
Shall we work together?
God forbid!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.