President Trump's Team

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The original Greek actually says:

3“Blessed are the strong,for theirs is the kingdom of earth.4Blessed are those who cheer,for they will be applauded.5Blessed are the those with hubris,for they will inherit the earth.6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for riches,for they will be filled.7Blessed are the ruthless,for they will be shown Ruth.8Blessed are the pure in ideology,for they will see political correctness.9Blessed are the widget-makers,for they will be called employers.10Blessed are those who persecute because of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of South Carolina .
Verily, I say, suck it libtards
Oh ye people of little money, stop being so lazy
For my father, who art in Trump Tower, hallow be his heart
For the Pharisee and the climatologist drown out the cry of the energy-poor widow and the orphan
with the sounds of their own hot air
Their science, though sound may be, workable solutions have none for thee
Shall we work together?
God forbid!

# 7 is hilarious

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The original Greek actually says:

3“Blessed are the strong,for theirs is the kingdom of earth.4Blessed are those who cheer,for they will be applauded.5Blessed are the those with hubris,for they will inherit the earth.6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for riches,for they will be filled.7Blessed are the ruthless,for they will be shown Ruth.8Blessed are the pure in ideology,for they will see political correctness.9Blessed are the widget-makers,for they will be called employers.10Blessed are those who persecute because of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of South Carolina .
Verily, I say, suck it libtards
Oh ye people of little money, stop being so lazy
For my father, who art in Trump Tower, hallow be his heart
For the Pharisee and the climatologist drown out the cry of the energy-poor widow and the orphan
with the sounds of their own hot air
Their science, though sound may be, workable solutions have none for thee
Shall we work together?
God forbid!

did he ever say blessed are the big noses?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Members of the White House communications team have been named:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/22/med...ller-white-house-press-secretary-donald-trump

President-elect Donald Trump has appointed Republican National Committee communications director Sean Spicer to serve as White House press secretary, Trump's transition team announced Thursday.

At the same time, the transition team announced that Trump campaign press secretary Hope Hicks will become director of strategic communications, Jason Miller, a top spokesperson on Trump's presidential campaign, will be director of communications, and Trump social media guru Dan Scavino will be director of social media.

"Sean, Hope, Jason and Dan have been key members of my team during the campaign and transition. I am excited they will be leading the team that will communicate my agenda that will Make America Great Again," Trump said in a statement.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
White House role for Kellyanne Conway has been finalized:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/22/politics/donald-trump-kellyanne-conway-counselor/index.html

(CNN) President-elect Donald Trump tapped former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway as "counselor to the president," the presidential transition team announced Thursday morning.

The transition team said Conway, the first female campaign manager to win a presidential race, will work with White House senior leadership on messaging and to help execute the administration's legislative priorities.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Trump plans to form a new White House Trade Council:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/21/news/economy/trump-white-house-trade-council-navarro/

On Wednesday, Trump announced he is forming a new White House National Trade Council that has one goal: To stop the "exodus of jobs" to China, Mexico and other countries. The council is expected to "make American manufacturing great again."
Trump is tapping economist Peter Navarro to head up the new trade council. Like Trump, Navarro believes the Chinese do not play fairly on trade.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
President-elect Donald Trump has appointed Republican National Committee communications director Sean Spicer to serve as White House press secretary, Trump's transition team announced Thursday.

At the same time, the transition team announced that Trump campaign press secretary Hope Hicks will become director of strategic communications, Jason Miller, a top spokesperson on Trump's presidential campaign, will be director of communications, and Trump social media guru Dan Scavino will be director of social media.

"Sean, Hope, Jason and Dan have been key members of my team during the campaign and transition. I am excited they will be leading the team that will communicate my agenda that will Make America Great Again," Trump said in a statement.
Not so fast my friend. Jason Miller has now backed out.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Shouldn't it have been a bigger deal that for the first time a FEMALE campaign manager won a Presidential race?

(If the argument is, "campaign managers don't matter," then why all the stories about campaign managers getting fired?)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Shouldn't it have been a bigger deal that for the first time a FEMALE campaign manager won a Presidential race?

(If the argument is, "campaign managers don't matter," then why all the stories about campaign managers getting fired?)
there were quite a lfew mentions about that (at least that i saw) after the election.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
somehow i don't think accolades for conway are the point ;)
Well, I must have missed them then. Wasn't much of a big deal made about it from what I saw - but that might have been because of all the rioting and hair pulling, too. I saw one basic mention of it. (I realize - obviously - it's not in the same universe with 'first female Prez' but I just didn't see it played up quite as much as I would have thought).

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Women and other minorities don't count as such if they are conservative or Republicans

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Got to love that candidate that is so rich he can't be bought

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-donors-rewards-232974

While campaign donors are often tapped to fill comfy diplomatic posts across the globe, the extent to which donors are stocking Trump’s administration is unparalleled in modern presidential history, due in part to the Supreme Court decisions that loosened restrictions on campaign contributions, according to three longtime campaign experts.

The access and appointments are especially striking given Trump’s regular boasting during his campaign that his personal fortune and largely self-funded presidential bid meant that he would not be beholden to big donors, as many of his rivals would.

“If the people who are counseling the president-elect are the donor class — who, as Trump told us, give because they want something in return, those are his words — you will not get the policies his voters were hoping for,” said Trevor Potter, an election lawyer who advised John McCain’s 2000 and 2008 presidential campaigns and founded the Campaign Legal Center.

“The risk here is disillusionment by the voters who voted for change and are going to end up with a plutocracy,” Potter said.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Watching some of the confirmation hearings yesterday and today.

Lot of congressional blowhards, IMHO.

The occasional butt hurt protestors.

Looking forward to a common sense approach, for a change.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not to be overly cynical, but politicians tend to get more mileage from grandstanding than common sense.

Of course, there are a few who grandstand publicly and are pragmatic behind the curtains.

I was watching Rex Tillerson and the look on his face while he was waiting for Chairman Corker to quit yammering on and on about what has to be done....was priceless.

It was like he was thinking "OK I got this - just shut up - hand over the keys - and let me get 'er done!".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.