President Trump's Team

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
yeah, this will end well

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ittee-sceptic-autism-conspiracy-a7520351.html

Donald Trump has appointed Robert Kennedy Jr, a prominent vaccine conspiracy theorist, to chair a commission on "vaccination safety and scientific integrity".

Mr Kennedy accepted the request at Trump Tower where they talked about vaccines and immunisations, according to the President-elect’s press secretary Sean Spicer.

Both men share a belief that there is a link between vaccines and autism. The theory has been repeatedly debunked and the Center for Disease Control said on its website that there not "any link" to the neurodevelopmental disorder.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i liked this part
One of the things that really irritated me about seeing the flood of stories over the afternoon as I sat in my office taking advantage of a canceled case to work on a paper was how often RFK, Jr. was described as a “vaccine skeptic.” (I’m talking to you, Business Insider, but not just to you.) He is not. He is an antivaccine crank, a vaccine science denialist of the highest—or should I say lowest?—order. He is no different at his core than anthropogenic global climate change denialists, creationists (a.k.a., evolution denialists), or any number of ideology-driven science-denying cranks,

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think people just can't bring themselves to bash a Kennedy, especially RFK's namesake who has established himself with involvement in a number of liberal causes. It is easy to call Jenny McCarthy an idiot, but not him even if he is dead wrong on the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think people just can't bring themselves to bash a Kennedy, especially RFK's namesake who has established himself with involvement in a number of liberal causes. It is easy to call Jenny McCarthy an idiot, but not him even if he is dead wrong on the issue.

i think he is a moron.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

a lot of liberals agree with Jenny McCarthy, the left is not free of science denial just has different stupid beliefs. Anti-vax is fairy bi-partisan and perhaps even a bit more left leaning as the granola/anti corporate types will believe any evil they can attribute to "big pharma"

I think most of the left had no idea RFKjr was such as nutt bag, it will be interesting to see how they respond

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
a lot of liberals agree with Jenny McCarthy, the left is not free of science denial just has different stupid beliefs. Anti-vax is fairy bi-partisan and perhaps even a bit more left leaning as the granola/anti corporate types will believe any evil they can attribute to "big pharma"

I think most of the left had no idea RFKjr was such as nutt bag, it will be interesting to see how they respond
I am glad you bring up this point. Many like to think the anti-science movement is purely the domain of the religious right. But it is a dangerous trend, and I think it directly correlates to everyone believing that they are entitled to their own personal truth. Scary as heck to me and thanks for pointing out that its everywhere.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I am glad you bring up this point. Many like to think the anti-science movement is purely the domain of the religious right. But it is a dangerous trend, and I think it directly correlates to everyone believing that they are entitled to their own personal truth. Scary as heck to me and thanks for pointing out that its everywhere.
Oh yeah, the left isn't blameless in the war on science even if they tend to be more science literate they dodge the topic when it hits home. Look at the all the new agey people that think crystals can heal and water has memory (when it comes to the good things in it, but not the bad for some reason) and they tend to be very lefty. Not a lot of right wingers shopping whole foods and that store is absolutely filled with nonsense

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
our favorite local son doesn't believe I am fit for Government

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...aid-secularists-are-unfit-for-government.html

Senator Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump’s pick for attorney general, has come under fire for accepting an award from right-wing extremist David Horowitz.
What Sessions said when he accepted it may prove to be even more explosive.
“Ultimately, freedom of speech is about ascertaining the truth,” Sessions, an Alabama Republican, told Horowitz’s audience on Nov. 14, 2014. “And if you don’t believe there’s a truth, you don’t believe in truth, if you’re an utter secularist, then how do we operate this government? How can we form a democracy of the kind I think you and I believe in… I do believe that we are a nation that, without God, there is no truth, and it’s all about power, ideology, advancement, agenda, not doing the public service.”

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
unfortunately, that attitude seems quite pervasive.
I edited out my double negative

and you know that in 7 States it is still illegal for me to hold office? It's been struck down, properly, by the supreme court of course but still on the books.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well now wait. He said "utter" secularist. Are you an utter​ secularist or perhaps somewhat secularist? Perhaps we can involve you if you are uncertain in any way, with your filthy secularism.
i thought he said udder secularist and was talking about heathens from the barn. he is a bama law grad.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
unfortunately, that attitude seems quite pervasive.
There's a group trying to encourage scientists to run for political office, which I think is an interesting initiative. Obviously there are countless scientists who adhere to a variety of religions, but that subpopulation is certainly more secular than the general population. And religious or otherwise, I'd hold "truth" as begotten through reason, evidence, and the scientific method up against whatever seemingly faith-based method Sessions seems to advocate instead.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.