President Trump's Team - Page 28
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728
    BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Re: President Trump's Team

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    I'm sorry, but I never got the Pepe is a racist meme thing. I browse 9Gag and have likely seen thousands of dank Pepe memes and wouldn't classify them as racist. Insensitive? Oh yeah. But that's sort of the point of 9Gag, right? More than likely, and perhaps you could help me understand this, the Pepe meme was benign until it was accused of being racist or whatever it was labeled, at which point those on the alt-right said - "Oh, so you think THIS meme is offensive - hold my beer." And proceeded to take it to the next level. Still though, I see that meme used in super causal ways all the time.
    I'm gonna need you to stop checking 9gag, as that is often where I shamelessly steal memes and jokes from. To be fair most of 9gag shamelessly steals their stuff from reddit and other sites.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American sabanball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    from the adl: link
    Using your link, I found the HATE SYMBOLS DATABASE

Interesting...

BamaNation All-SEC Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    I'm gonna need you to stop checking 9gag, as that is often where I shamelessly steal memes and jokes from. To be fair most of 9gag shamelessly steals their stuff from reddit and other sites.
    lol. I like when I recognize a meme from there, especially if it's well suited to whatever is being discussed! Go on shamelessly stealing, you'll get no judgement from me.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Pudzer has withdrawn his name for consideration as Labor Secretary.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    now he can go back to treating his workers like garbage and making overly sexualized burger ads in peace
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    So you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "lalalalalalalalalala''. After all, why should you actually listen to what someone has to say?
    Nah, I don't do that. I just prefer not to pay any attention to anyone I know is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    i guess we will see some overnight tweets talking about all of the meanies doing truly, really meanly stuff
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    So you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "lalalalalalalalalala''. After all, why should you actually listen to what someone has to say?
    Here is the problem. The president has no interest in telling the truth. His press secretary has no interest in telling the truth. The administrations mouthpiece has no interest in telling the truth.

So my question is this. If difficulty with the truth is such a problem, starting from the top, how can you separate the things that are worth listening to, from the things that are chaff? Do you believe that it is the responsibility of the populace to determine what is true and what is not? Or should we just do as Trump says and only believe what he says?

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    Here is the problem. The president has no interest in telling the truth. His press secretary has no interest in telling the truth. The administrations mouthpiece has no interest in telling the truth.

So my question is this. If difficulty with the truth is such a problem, starting from the top, how can you separate the things that are worth listening to, from the things that are chaff? Do you believe that it is the responsibility of the populace to determine what is true and what is not? Or should we just do as Trump says and only believe what he says?

Why do you hate America?
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post

I can't say that I can remember a time when that wasn't the case. If politicians weren't frauds they couldn't take a job paying less than $200K a year and be worth 40 million in just a couple of decades. Do you know of a POTUS that couldn't have been proved a liar?

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

From the NY Times
    Former Texas governor Rick Perry won confirmation Thursday as President Trump’s energy secretary. Now comes the hard part.

The Senate voted 62 to 37 Thursday afternoon to confirm Perry as energy secretary, brushing aside his onetime vow to abolish the department.
    "Isn't it strange that princes and kings, and clowns that caper in sawdust rings, and common folk like you and me are builders for all eternity? Each is given a bag of tools, a shapeless mass, a book of rules, and each must make - ere life has flown- a stumbling block or a stepping stone." ---- Sharpe/Davidson