President Trump's Team

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The republicans control the senate and sessions has been a senior member for quiet some time. So it should pass with flying colors as long as Cruz and his group don't feel too slighted for sessions endorsement snub.

Plus the dems should probably consider this a mercy nomination since Giuliani is still out there.
I hope you're right. I think Jeff is supremely qualified for the position. The senate DOES have a history of giving a lot of deference to one of it's own, and I would expect this confirmation hearing to be much less than contentious than the one back in 1986. In fact, the only sitting senator that I recall in recent memory being successfully blocked from a cabinet level position was John Tower back in the late 80's--though I could be wrong. All others in recent times have been confirmed.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Do these accusations of racism have anything to do with something other than his stance on Illegal Immigration? Honest question as I do not know, and I also do not consider his stance on illegal immigration to be racist, but I know the left does and that's ok, I don't want to get into a debate about that. I just wanted to know if it was because of something else. I know nothing about Jeff Sessions in the 80s.

Nevermind, Charmin. I looked it up.
http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/16/five-reasons-jeff-sessions-no-liberty

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
We will see how that whole Trump is in favor of states' rights thing goes when Sessions gets in and wants to crack down on states that legalized pot.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Nevermind, Charmin. I looked it up.
Yeah, Jon's link is a good one. But for those who didn't go looking: Jeff Sessions failed his 1986 Senate nomination hearing for a U.S. District Court in Alabama because he was too racist. He's called the NAACP and ACLU "un-American." He referred to a black attorney as "boy" and told him that he needs to "be careful what [he says] to white folks." He called a white lawyer a "disgrace to his race" for representing a black client. He's suggested the KKK isn't so bad.

I don't have the drive to list all Jeff Session's greatest hits here, such as his views on illegal and legal immigrants, belief the the war on drugs was successful, or backwards views on "the gays." But I'll leave you with this: the man who has been chosen as the top law enforcement official in the country is on record stating that grabbing random women by the p_ssy does not constitute sexual assault.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I hope you're right. I think Jeff is supremely qualified for the position. The senate DOES have a history of giving a lot of deference to one of it's own, and I would expect this confirmation hearing to be much less than contentious than the one back in 1986. In fact, the only sitting senator that I recall in recent memory being successfully blocked from a cabinet level position was John Tower back in the late 80's--though I could be wrong. All others in recent times have been confirmed.
Actually, Tower was a FORMER Senator, who retired in 1985. I still get your point but anyway.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Once again, it will be interesting to see because ONCE AGAIN we have an ACTUAL racist as opposed to 'just some Republican we want to whine about and call a racist.'

And as I said months ago - you spend fifty years crying 'racist' (wolf) don't be surprised when a real wolf (racist) appears and nobody listens to what you have to say.

I wonder if it ever dawned on any of the true believers that maybe just maybe the only reason 'X is a racist' has been a common theme is because 90-plus percent of the black vote is Democratic and they're throwing red meat to their base just like the GOP does with school prayer.

GW Bush not approving hate crime legislation is a far cry from Sessions.

Oh and one more thing......I don't think I recall any time where the opposition party liked the Presidential choice for AG.

The Democrats whined about Ed Meese (Reagan). They couldn't make a big deal about Thornburgh because they'd decided to torpedo John Tower. The Republicans didn't care for Zoe Baird, they DID like Kimba Wood (whom Clinton withdrew), and it was back and forth over the recently deceased Janet Waco. Democrats whined about Ashcroft, Republicans whined about Holder and Lynch.

Seems to be right out of the instruction manual.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Ambassador to the United Nations:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-un-ambassador.html?_r=0

President-elect Donald J. Trump on Wednesday named Gov. Nikki Haley of South Carolina as his choice to become ambassador to the United Nations, adding to his prospective cabinet a former critic with whom he had sparred bitterly.

Ms. Haley’s name had previously been mentioned as a possible contender to become Mr. Trump’s secretary of state, and she met with
Trump transition officials last week in New York.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/23/trump-devos-education/94344918/

President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday said he intends to appoint West Michigan GOP mega donor and philanthropist Betsy DeVos to be his education secretary, putting an ardent supporter of school choice in charge of the nation’s education policy.
DeVos, 58, is seen as a national leader in the school choice movement, which she has called an attempt to “empower” parents to find good schools for their children, whether they be traditional public schools in other neighborhoods, charter schools, virtual schools or private institutions.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
if i am not mistaken, the devos' are the amway family and betsy's brother is erik prince of blackwater fame.

they are like trump's mini-me ;)

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Secretary of Housing & Urban Development:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-car...-on-trump-administration-role-soon-1479922776

President-elect Donald Trump has selected former GOP presidential candidate and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson as the head of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, a spokesman for Mr. Carson said.

The spokesman, Armstrong Williams, said Mr. Carson was offered the HUD secretary post and has accepted it.
Edit: Looks like a final decision regarding this position is still pending.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
"I didn't go to 8 years of evil medical school to be called 'Mister'!"
I can't understand why he would turn down Surgeon General for being unqualified, but he would accept HUD. For that matter, I don't understand how he thought he would learn to be President by OJT, if he couldn't learn a position traditionally held by a doctor...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Secretary of Health and Human Services:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...om-price-lead-department-health-human-n689386

President-elect Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he will nominate Georgia Rep. Tom Price to head the Department of Health and Human Services.

The Cabinet-level pick, which requires Senate confirmation, inserts one of Obamacare's most outspoken critics into the key position to dismantle it and help Republicans implement their own blueprint for health care reform.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.