President Trump's Team - Page 5
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: President Trump's Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Trumps Presidency will be a clown car no matter what but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the Clowns in it. Some, Pence, Carson, Caribou Barbie, Bannon etc are worse than others.

I am not worried about short term rights but long term yes I am concerned. Trump will get at least 1 Supreme court justice and that will affect everyone. He has promised to repeal the Johnson Amendment which will turn churches into PACs and that should concern all of us. And I think Pence, and his history show that poor women, especially poor rural women, will lose quite a bit of healthcare access. It is after all what he did in Indiana
    I say he gets atleast 2 because Clarence will undoubtably be persuaded out. The question is what judges he appoints. I think he will go 1 ultra conservative and 1 moderate conservative to fill those particular positions so it doesn't change anything at all. So no worry there, and that's all due to the SJW aggressive behavior these past 4 years. The question is what if Ginsburg and Kennedy go. I think if she waits for 2 years then nothing will change because he will replace her with a liberal moderate, but if she leaves in the 1st two then it could be a total conservative court.

I think Sargon, which I can't link for language, in response of the YT ( yeah if there is any silver lining to this it is their melt) said the aggressiveness of the progressives and SJW is to blame because radical change has radical backlash. He linked the recent British election to ours, stating that the progressives had tried to take over too fast and wanted too rapid changes so it effectively divided the Labor and Democratic parties. That's why the Conservatives blew the Liberals out of the water in both situations and get to make even more abrupt changes.

The point I'm trying to make that he echoes is the one I've been trying to make for a long time is that change can't be tyrannically forced by a regime or administration in a right centered country because our left is still a conservative base by the world definition. So what has happened is these SJW have created fear of radical change and have awoke its ultra right base equal, and has forced America to gamble on which future it should embark on. Had Rubio or Bush been the nominee then very little progress would have been at risk.

But I think that religious and sexual orientation rights will stay as they are, but the hyper progressive movement will stop.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; November 15th, 2016 at 12:55 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

Dr. Carson has declined to serve in the Trump administration.

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    so he does have a modicum of intelligence
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    He lose his luggage again?

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    No, see, they're draining the swamp.
    Thats where they found Bannon.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I don't have a clue why you respond to me the way you do, I've been a critic of Obamacare since the very beginning and have never changed

and no, I didn't say that at all. You really have trouble following logically sound arguments don't you?
    You really wonder why people respond to you the way they do? Or were you being sarcastic?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

I was curious about Senate confirmation of nominees so I looked this up'

https://ballotpedia.org/Appointment_...mation_process

presidential appointments with Senate confirmation (PAS) must follow the appointment confirmation processbefore taking office. The number of PAS positions varies by presidency but typically includes all executive department secretaries, undersecretaries, inspectors general and numerous other positions depending on the department. Other positions requiring confirmation can include positions in independent agencies and commissions.[1]In total, there are between 1,200 and 1,400 PAS positions.[2] The full list of positions for each presidency can be found in the corresponding United States Government Policy and Supporting Positions, commonly referred to as the Plum Book.[3]

Senate hearingsThe nomination must be on the Executive Calendar for more than one day before it can make it to the Senate floor for consideration.[1]Unanimous consent of the time and date for debate must be agreed upon by all senators.[4] If even one senator does not agree, a hold is placed on the nomination.[4] Once the nomination is considered by the Senate, unlimited debate is allowed until two-thirds of the Senate vote to invoke cloture, closing debate.[1] Following a vote of cloture, the Senate conducts a simple majority vote on whether to confirm, reject or take no action on the nomination.[1] If a nomination is left pending at the end of a Congress, it must be sent back to the president who can then re-submit the nomination to the new Congress.[1] The same procedure holds true with any nominee not considered before the Senate enters a recess of more than 30 days, unless there is unanimous consent to bypass the procedure.[4]

Confirmation requires a simple majority but 60 votes are needed to cut off debate.

1400 confirmations is a lot. The nasty old Dems could hold things up for quite a while

There are men running governments who shouldn't be allowed to play with matches. Will Rogers

How about Katrina Pierson for WH press secretary?

I thought she did very well as his campaign spokesperson.

She has some very nice assets.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Is it out of character for a conservative to say she's too white?
    The Concord Blue Devils, 17-Time World Champions: 2015, 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

At first I thought she was missing an arm....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    At first I thought she was missing an arm....
    Have to admit I would have never noticed that. Wasn't looking at her arms

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSC View Post

Me neither...thanks for pointing that out, CC....

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSC View Post
    Me neither...thanks for pointing that out, CC....
    same here. I barely noticed if she had a head.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll