President Trump's Team - Page 8
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
    FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles16's Avatar

Re: President Trump's Team

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...tion/94344918/

President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday said he intends to appoint West Michigan GOP mega donor and philanthropist Betsy DeVos to be his education secretary, putting an ardent supporter of school choice in charge of the nation’s education policy.
    DeVos, 58, is seen as a national leader in the school choice movement, which she has called an attempt to “empower” parents to find good schools for their children, whether they be traditional public schools in other neighborhoods, charter schools, virtual schools or private institutions.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

2. Advertisement

if i am not mistaken, the devos' are the amway family and betsy's brother is erik prince of blackwater fame.

they are like trump's mini-me
    Last edited by 92tide; November 23rd, 2016 at 01:55 PM.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    if i am not mistaken, the devos' are the amway family.
    You're not mistaken. The article I read says her husband is the former president of the company and an heir (son of co-founder Richard DeVos).
    Last edited by Tide1986; November 23rd, 2016 at 01:57 PM.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 18-Time World Champions: Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
    “The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Secretary of Housing & Urban Development:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-cars...oon-1479922776

President-elect Donald Trump has selected former GOP presidential candidate and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson as the head of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, a spokesman for Mr. Carson said.

The spokesman, Armstrong Williams, said Mr. Carson was offered the HUD secretary post and has accepted it.
    Edit: Looks like a final decision regarding this position is still pending.
    Last edited by Tide1986; November 23rd, 2016 at 04:58 PM.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 18-Time World Champions: Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.
    “The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Secretary of Housing & Urban Development:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-cars...oon-1479922776

Edit: Looks like a final decision regarding this position is still pending.

"I didn't go to 8 years of evil medical school to be called 'Mister'!"
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles16 View Post
    "I didn't go to 8 years of evil medical school to be called 'Mister'!"
    I can't understand why he would turn down Surgeon General for being unqualified, but he would accept HUD. For that matter, I don't understand how he thought he would learn to be President by OJT, if he couldn't learn a position traditionally held by a doctor...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    How about Katrina Pierson for WH press secretary?

I thought she did very well as his campaign spokesperson.

She has some very nice assets.....

Thoroughly qualified!

Secretary of Health and Human Services:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...-human-n689386

President-elect Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he will nominate Georgia Rep. Tom Price to head the Department of Health and Human Services.

The Cabinet-level pick, which requires Senate confirmation, inserts one of Obamacare's most outspoken critics into the key position to dismantle it and help Republicans implement their own blueprint for health care reform.
    Last edited by Tide1986; November 29th, 2016 at 08:55 AM.

Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald...ervices-231921

President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday morning picked the founder and CEO of a health policy consulting firm, Seema Verma, to serve as Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

Interesting political move if it turns out to be true:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/us...ion-trump.html

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump has selected Elaine L. Chao, the former labor secretary under George W. Bush, to head the Department of Transportation, elevating someone who has been a fixture of the Republican establishment in Washington to a post that could become integral to shaping one of the most ambitious parts of Mr. Trump’s agenda.
    Last edited by Tide1986; November 29th, 2016 at 09:21 PM.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Interesting political move if it turns out to be true:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/us...ion-trump.html
    Trivia:

Chao would be the second woman to have been labor secretary, transportation secretary and married to the senate majority leader (first was Elizabeth Dole). The new political hat trick?

Expected nominee for Treasury Secretary:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/us...tary.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — Steven Mnuchin, a financier with deep roots on Wall Street and in Hollywood but no government experience, is expected to be named Donald J. Trump’s Treasury secretary as soon as Wednesday, people close to the transition say.

Mr. Mnuchin, 53, was the national finance chairman for Mr. Trump’s campaign, and his selection would elevate a wealthy loyalist to a pivotal economic post. He began his career at
    Goldman Sachs, where he became a partner, before creating his own hedge fund, moving to the West Coast and entering the first rank of movie financiers by bankrolling hits like the “X-Men” franchise and “Avatar.”

Steven Mnuchin is ruthless, would be interesting to see what he would do as Treasury Secretary.