President Trump's Team

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Hahahahahahaha...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...l-expected-be-named-trump-s-secretary-n694371

Donald Trump is expected to nominate ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his secretary of state, two sources close to the transition process told NBC News on Saturday.
The 64-year-old veteran oil executive has no government or diplomatic experience, although he has ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin. The pick would put to rest weeks-long speculation of who would earn the post as the U.S.'s top diplomat, and would place Tillerson fourth in line to the presidency.

Looks like the rending of clothes and gnashing of teeth will reach a keening level.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Has the reign of the Oligarchs begun?
na·ive·té
ˌnīˌēv(ə)ˈtā,nīˈēv(ə)ˌtā/
noun

• lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the administration's naiveté and inexperience in foreign policy"[/COLOR]

• innocence or unsophistication.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"they took advantage of his naiveté and deep pockets"[/COLOR]
      synonyms:innocence, ingenuousness, guilelessness, artlessness, unworldliness, trustfulness; More

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
na·ive·té
noun

[COLOR=#878787 !important]"the administration's naiveté and inexperience in foreign policy"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#878787 !important]"they took advantage of his naiveté and deep pockets"[/COLOR]
      synonyms:innocence, ingenuousness, guilelessness, artlessness, unworldliness, trustfulness; More

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Doesn't Rex Tillerson have a deal worth half a trillion dollars with Russia that can only go through if we lift sanctions on them? And now he's to be Secretary of State? Sure seems like that swamp draining is going well.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Originally Posted by seebell

Has the reign of the Oligarchs begun?
na·ive·té
noun

Hey Bub, I am called the Sage of Maysville. Please restrain yourself in your Trumpian glee. We can hear you chortling all the way up here.

Manafort chortles with Putin.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Just curious--is your delight borne solely at your anticipation of liberal reaction, or because you think Trump is choosing well-qualified candidates?

Sent from my LG G3
He's clearly chosen someone who's qualified and who's even more qualified than some previous Secretaries of State. But my "delight" is in anticipation of the next act of the liberal muppet show.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
He's clearly chosen someone who's qualified and who's even more qualified than some previous Secretaries of State. But my "delight" is in anticipation of the next act of the liberal muppet show.
Do you feel the same way about all of his appointments? Carson for HUD is a curious choice, for instance.

Sent from my LG G3

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Do you feel the same way about all of his appointments? Carson for HUD is a curious choice, for instance.

Sent from my LG G3
Ben has qualifications. I'm not sure how they apply to HUD. But then again, HUD is not a priority department in my opinion, so I am rather ambivalent about the choice. Of all Trump's choices though, the left should care least about this one because I'll give Ben credit...I think he genuinely cares about the disadvantaged especially since he grew up as one.

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Ben has qualifications. I'm not sure how they apply to HUD. But then again, HUD is not a priority department in my opinion, so I am rather ambivalent about the choice. Of all Trump's choices though, the left should care least about this one because I'll give Ben credit...I think he genuinely cares about the disadvantaged especially since he grew up as one.
"I don't care about that department, so I don't care if Trump appoints someone who isn't qualified." Got it.

Sent from my LG G3

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.