President Trump's Team

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Assuming the Electoral College elects Donald Trump as the next President of the United States, this thread can be used to discuss the team that Trump puts together (White House staff and key nominees/appointees).

I will keep a consolidated list updated on this initial post.

Transition Team Leader: VP-Elect Mike Pence (replacing Chris Christie)
Chief Strategist & Senior Advisor: Steve Bannon
Counselor to the President: Kellyanne Conway
White House Counsel: Donald McGahn
Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus
Press Secretary: Sean Spicer
National Security Advisor: Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn
Deputy National Security Advisor: Kathleen Troia MacFarland
Director, Office of Mgmt & Budget: Rep. Mick Mulvaney (nominee)
Attorney General: Sen. Jeff Session (nominee)
Secretary of State: Rex Tillerson (nominee)
U.N. Ambassador: Gov. Nikki Haley (nominee)
Ambassador to China: Gov. Terry Branstad (nominee)
Secretary of Defense: Gen. James Mattis (nominee)
Secretary of Homeland Security: Gen. John F. Kelly (nominee)
CIA Director: Rep. Mike Pompeo (nominee)
Secretary of Education: Betsy DeVos (nominee)
Secretary of Health & Human Services: Rep. Tom Price (nominee)
Administrator, Medicare & Medicaid Services: Seema Verma (nominee)
HUD Secretary: Dr. Ben Carson (nominee)
Secretary of Transportation: Elaine Chao (nominee)
Secretary of Commerce: Wilbur Ross, Jr. (nominee)
Deputy Secretary of Commerce: Todd Ricketts (nominee)
Administrator, Small Business Administration: Linda McMahon (nominee)
Secretary of Labor: Andrew Puzder (nominee)
Secretary of Energy: Gov. Rick Perry (nominee)
Secretary of the Treasury: Steve Mnuchin (nominee)
Secretary of the Interior: Rep. Ryan Zinke (nominee)
Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency: Scott Pruitt (nominee)

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Draining that swamp real good like with 90s/00s GOP runoff I see.

The people who voted for him because of the outsider factor are already looking like a bunch of fools.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Good idea 1986. Be very interesting to see who Trump chooses for what job. Keep us posted.

Mike Pence will head the transition team. He replaces Chris Cristie. Guess Bridgegate hurt the rotund one.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
Draining that swamp real good like with 90s/00s GOP runoff I see.

The people who voted for him because of the outsider factor are already looking like a bunch of fools.
These guys really are outsiders. The exception is Priebus who didn't think he wanted the job. Apparently his role will be to smooth the communications between the GOP and the Administration. But Pence is conservative Christian who passed anti-gay marriage legislation in Indiana. Bannon and Breitbart are taboo words due to its vehement criticism of Capitol Hill. Gingrich should round out the group. They are definitely not neocon.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Is "Chief Strategist & Senior Advisor" a new position? If not who occupied that previously?
Valerie Jarrett is a senior advisor to Obama. Don't know about the strategist part.

As I understand it, Bannon will help Trump determine what to do, and Reince will lead execution.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
prepare for goalposts to move in 3,2,
These guys really are outsiders. The exception is Priebus who didn't think he wanted the job. Apparently his role will be to smooth the communications between the GOP and the Administration. But Pence is conservative Christian who passed anti-gay marriage legislation in Indiana. Bannon and Breitbart are taboo words due to its vehement criticism of Capitol Hill. Gingrich should round out the group. They are definitely not neocon.
To be fair, it took an entire 8 minutes.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
from a wsj article

During their private White House meeting on Thursday, Mr. Obama walked his successor through the duties of running the country, and Mr. Trump seemed surprised by the scope, said people familiar with the meeting. Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.

After meeting with Mr. Trump, the only person to be elected president without having held a government or military position, Mr. Obama realized the Republican needs more guidance. He plans to spend more time with his successor than presidents typically do, people familiar with the matter said.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reince nails it in the head - starting around the 1:40 mark....I saw this live and it's been on my mind ever since.

Anyone who truly loves America should focus full attention on how destructive our media is and how they are making a living off creating division in our country....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reince nails it in the head - starting around the 1:40 mark....I saw this live and it's been on my mind ever since.

Anyone who truly loves America should focus full attention on how destructive our media is and how they are making a living off creating division in our country....

She looks like a total fool in this interview.....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

its like it is 2000 all over again.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Except this time we have a president who knows how to use social media as a way to call out the traitors and bigots....and will truly stand up for the people.
if you think he gives one whit about the people i have a bridge to sell you. my guess is that trump is going to make w appear brilliant by comparison.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.