President Trump's Team

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
no, it's not

and part of me can't wait to read the Trump voter posts wondering why their Netflix just went to $25 a month or that "Netflix streaming sucks on Comcast maybe I'll switch to Comflix (or whatever their inevitable service gets called) instead" or how much it sucks that they run out of bandwidth every month for Amazon Prime or have to keep ESPN on a cable package because they go over their cap with slingtv but if they buy the cable channel it doesn't count against their data.
NatiPops are all on Uverse (mainly U450 about $200/month) so they don't care about/use

1. Netflix
2. slingtv
3. Amazon prime
4. what ever the "cool" kids are using for cheap tv

so don't like you know "hold your breath" man :cool:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
This video taught me one thing. There's still a chance. Wheeler, the guy Obama put into the position prior, who had spent his PREVIOUS career as the top lobbyist for cable companies, didn't pass legislation that was more favorable to them regarding net neutrality.

The video depicts it as the worst possible scenario and yet.....it didn't come to fruition. As such, is there a chance regarding the more guy that he won't do it either?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
This video taught me one thing. There's still a chance. Wheeler, the guy Obama put into the position prior, who had spent his PREVIOUS career as the top lobbyist for cable companies, didn't pass legislation that was more favorable to them regarding net neutrality.

The video depicts it as the worst possible scenario and yet.....it didn't come to fruition. As such, is there a chance regarding the more guy that he won't do it either?
I would agree with your cautious optimism, except that the new FCC chair wrote the strongest dissent against Wheeler's net neutrality rules and has essentially said he wants to revisit/repeal those rules as quickly as possible.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Vox's great take on Trump and his team

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/14/14609348/trump-hire-best-people

Everybody knows that Donald Trump isn’t conventionally qualified to be president of the United States. But as a candidate, he appealed to people’s distaste for the conventional political system, and a segment of the public had Apprentice-induced faith in his management skills, figuring he would do what any business genius would do — surround himself with talent.

“I am self funding and will hire the best people,” he wrote in April, “not the biggest donors!”

The fact that his national security adviser couldn’t make it four weeks before being forced to resign tells you something about that “best people” claim. So does the fact that his deputy national security adviser is also expected to leave once she gets a new boss. (Also, no matter how many times he said it, his claims to be self-funding weren’t true.)

The hiring problem is bigger than Flynn. The Trump team reflects a consistent preference for judging people based on personal loyalty rather than suitability for the job at hand, leading naturally to a structure of interlocking fiefdoms rather than a coherent, competent team. There are a handful of solid hires in the mix, like a legitimately well-qualified transportation secretary who happens to be married to the Senate majority leader, but these seem to appear more by coincidence than by design. The overall caliber of the hiring is so low that marginal cases appear well-qualified by contrast.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
top notch judgment. they gave the stupidest man on the internet and his little pal pokey white house press credentials.

the guy with him is another white nationalist blogger/d-bag and the tweet the smoti sent out about this included the "pepe" logo that is a favorite with the white nationalist crowd.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I have come to the conclusion that anyone in anyway associated with Trump is speaking a lie anytime their lips are moving. It just makes it a lot easier for me.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
top notch judgment. they gave the stupidest man on the internet and his little pal pokey white house press credentials.

the guy with him is another white nationalist blogger/d-bag and the tweet the smoti sent out about this included the "pepe" logo that is a favorite with the white nationalist crowd.
I'm sorry, but I never got the Pepe is a racist meme thing. I browse 9Gag and have likely seen thousands of dank Pepe memes and wouldn't classify them as racist. Insensitive? Oh yeah. But that's sort of the point of 9Gag, right? More than likely, and perhaps you could help me understand this, the Pepe meme was benign until it was accused of being racist or whatever it was labeled, at which point those on the alt-right said - "Oh, so you think THIS meme is offensive - hold my beer." And proceeded to take it to the next level. Still though, I see that meme used in super causal ways all the time.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm sorry, but I never got the Pepe is a racist meme thing. I browse 9Gag and have likely seen thousands of dank Pepe memes and wouldn't classify them as racist. Insensitive? Oh yeah. But that's sort of the point of 9Gag, right? More than likely, and perhaps you could help me understand this, the Pepe meme was benign until it was accused of being racist or whatever it was labeled, at which point those on the alt-right said - "Oh, so you think THIS meme is offensive - hold my beer." And proceeded to take it to the next level. Still though, I see that meme used in super causal ways all the time.
from the adl: link

Also referred to as the “sad frog meme,” Pepe the Frog did not originally have anti-Semitic connotations. But as the meme proliferated in online venues such as 4chan, 8chan and Reddit, a subset of memes came into existence promoting anti-Jewish, bigoted and offensive ideas. And those have spread virally on Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere.

Images of the frog, variously portrayed with a Hitler-like moustache, wearing a yarmulke or a Klan hood, have proliferated in recent weeks in hateful messages aimed at Jewish and other users on Twitter.

“Once again, racists and haters have taken a popular Internet meme and twisted it for their own purposes of spreading bigotry and harassing users,” said Jonathan A. Greenblatt, ADL CEO. “These anti-Semites have no shame. They are abusing the image of a cartoon character, one that might at first seem appealing, to harass and spread hatred on social media.”

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm gonna need you to stop checking 9gag, as that is often where I shamelessly steal memes and jokes from. To be fair most of 9gag shamelessly steals their stuff from reddit and other sites.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'm gonna need you to stop checking 9gag, as that is often where I shamelessly steal memes and jokes from. To be fair most of 9gag shamelessly steals their stuff from reddit and other sites.
lol. I like when I recognize a meme from there, especially if it's well suited to whatever is being discussed! Go on shamelessly stealing, you'll get no judgement from me.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
So you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "lalalalalalalalalala''. After all, why should you actually listen to what someone has to say?
Here is the problem. The president has no interest in telling the truth. His press secretary has no interest in telling the truth. The administrations mouthpiece has no interest in telling the truth.

So my question is this. If difficulty with the truth is such a problem, starting from the top, how can you separate the things that are worth listening to, from the things that are chaff? Do you believe that it is the responsibility of the populace to determine what is true and what is not? Or should we just do as Trump says and only believe what he says?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Here is the problem. The president has no interest in telling the truth. His press secretary has no interest in telling the truth. The administrations mouthpiece has no interest in telling the truth.

So my question is this. If difficulty with the truth is such a problem, starting from the top, how can you separate the things that are worth listening to, from the things that are chaff? Do you believe that it is the responsibility of the populace to determine what is true and what is not? Or should we just do as Trump says and only believe what he says?

Why do you hate America?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007

I can't say that I can remember a time when that wasn't the case. If politicians weren't frauds they couldn't take a job paying less than $200K a year and be worth 40 million in just a couple of decades. Do you know of a POTUS that couldn't have been proved a liar?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
From the NY Times
Former Texas governor Rick Perry won confirmation Thursday as President Trump’s energy secretary. Now comes the hard part.

The Senate voted 62 to 37 Thursday afternoon to confirm Perry as energy secretary, brushing aside his onetime vow to abolish the department.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.