Link: Jalen Named SEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Around curfew on Friday night, Maurice receives a call from a 205 area code. He answers and hears a single phrase: "ball out belt." Maurice responds, "Understood. Roll Tide," then hangs up.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Congrats to Jalen. This kid is for real.

I can't really elaborate on this, but he and Coach Saban have a special relationship. From the time he arrived on campus as an early enrollee the way he has handled everything is so mature.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Goodness, this seems like the third or fourth time he's been selected in some capacity by the SEC for his play...
From UA's press release about it:

The award is Hurts' fourth from the league office this season. He was named the conference's Offensive Player of the Week following the Tide's win at Ole Miss, and was also chosen as the SEC Freshman of the Week after Tennessee and Co-Freshman of the Week for his game at Arkansas.
And UA releases this graphic:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I still pinch myself seeing all this. A true freshman and he's performing at this level. Incredible.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I still pinch myself seeing all this. A true freshman and he's performing at this level. Incredible.
I have to agree - I expected his mistakes to cost Alabama at least one game. Against LSU, a lesser defense might have resulted in exactly that. The defense picked him up against LSU. But he really needs to stop with the turnovers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.