News Article: Ranking the 10 best college football programs of each decade - Bill Connelly

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm glad Bowden didn't come to Alabama. In my opinion, he did less with more than any coach in history. With the talent he was stockpiling on a consistent basis, as well as playing in a weak conference that virtually guaranteed double digit wins every year, only having two national championships is borderline inexcusable.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm glad Bowden didn't come to Alabama. In my opinion, he did less with more than any coach in history. With the talent he was stockpiling on a consistent basis, as well as playing in a weak conference that virtually guaranteed double digit wins every year, only having two national championships is borderline inexcusable.
Yup..Bowden just flat refused to cave in to the pressure to replace coordinators, when it was obvious changes were needed, he literally destroyed what took him all those years to build for his loyalty towards them..

It was painful for true college football fans to watch & I'm like you I'm grateful it didn't happen here at Bama with Coach Bowden as our HC..Some of my FSU friends still doesn't like Bowden for over-staying his welcome at FSU as their HC..Almost like that pesky cold you just could never rid yourself of is what they tell me..LOL

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Yup..Bowden just flat refused to cave in to the pressure to replace coordinators, when it was obvious changes were needed, he literally destroyed what took him all those years to build for his loyalty towards them..

It was painful for true college football fans to watch & I'm like you I'm grateful it didn't happen here at Bama with Coach Bowden as our HC..Some of my FSU friends still doesn't like Bowden for over-staying his welcome at FSU as their HC..Almost like that pesky cold you just could never rid yourself of is what they tell me..LOL
You guys may be right...we'll never know. But I believe the Bama job would have changed Bowden for the better. He was FSU's "Bear Bryant" but if he would have come to Bama I believe he would have developed more perspective about his coaching. It's just an opinion, but the Bama job is kinda like becoming the POTUS. If you've got the right stuff, you'll rise to become the best version of yourself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.