2017 Prospect: JUCO DL Javon Kinlaw Updates

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We will have Payne and hand as the cornerstones of the DL next year. RDavis and some others will have to step up or come in for sure. We don't have enough for a starting rotation next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Seems like I read where some guys that we already have ( Terrell Hall and Anfernee Jennings, I think, are two ) will be looked at to be prepared to play with their hands on the ground.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Seems like I read where some guys that we already have ( Terrell Hall and Anfernee Jennings, I think, are two ) will be looked at to be prepared to play with their hands on the ground.
I see both those guys playing roles like Ryan Anderson - OLB in some packages and DE in others. Jennings might be able to grow into it, but right now he's not nearly big enough and would probably have to gain 40+ pounds to slide inside as a DT/NT in most of our packages, plus he was the 6th fastest LB on the velocity rating (faster than foster and anderson). He'll probably have the lead going into spring as the starter at OLB. Hall is playing on coverage teams and appears to be pretty fast as well, and he'd have to gain even more weight than Jennings.

Last edited:

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
He named a final 3 of South Carolina, Alabama and USC. Not sure of our chances. He will visit in January.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Bama-DL-target-Kinlaw-has-three-finalists--49813955

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I see Kinlaw committed to South Carolina 2 days before Christmas. I know he is from Carolina but wonder if he is potentially flippable. Seems to be a solid prospect.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I see Kinlaw committed to South Carolina 2 days before Christmas. I know he is from Carolina but wonder if he is potentially flippable. Seems to be a solid prospect.
where did you see that? He decommitted in November from USCe and as far as I know he is not committed to anyone.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
Kinlaw had a pretty interesting comment after last night's game saying "That one hurt me" may not mean a thing but just thought it was interesting.
Hopefully that's a sign that he's forged some relationships with our current DL and will want to join them in the future. Given how our lack of (developed) quality depth on the DL last night hurt us down the stretch, we sure could use him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.