2017 Prospect: JUCO DL Javon Kinlaw Updates

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 profile

Backed off his South Carolina commitment last night. Looks to be a possible addition to this class. Bama's been pushing to flip him for awhile.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
This^ Can we have 3 or 4 more just like him please?!
I agree. Roster at this spot looks awfully thin after Allen and Tomlinson depart this year. There are some bodies there, but they haven't really been able to make it into any type of rotation yet and seeing R Davis get Reps ahead of guys like Smith and Dwight is a sign they are not where they need to be right now and J King hasn't played much at all either as a JUCO.

I also wonder if all the guys listed as OT will stay there or if some might move to DL. Robinson was projected as an OT by a lot of services but we moved him to DE/DT pretty much as soon as he got on campus.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I agree. Roster at this spot looks awfully thin after Allen and Tomlinson depart this year. There are some bodies there, but they haven't really been able to make it into any type of rotation yet and seeing R Davis get Reps ahead of guys like Smith and Dwight is a sign they are not where they need to be right now and J King hasn't played much at all either as a JUCO.

I also wonder if all the guys listed as OT will stay there or if some might move to DL. Robinson was projected as an OT by a lot of services but we moved him to DE/DT pretty much as soon as he got on campus.
Personally I think Davis is getting reps ahead of those guys because hes earned them, he didn't play much Saturday but he laid some wood to Msu o line. I hope he gets into the game earlier over the next few weeks.

I would love to add a few ready to play juco and freshman lineman, it's clearly a priority at this point and kinlaw seems to be a very good fit. Fingers crossed

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Totally agree and I've really been concerned that we aren't creating enough depth for next year. This year we had the experience from Allen, Payne, Tomlinson and Hand from rotation last year. We rarely sub out this year.

I have no earthly idea why D lineman aren't tripping over one another to come this year especially with our track record. Led the nation in sacks last year and this year. We are getting pressure with 4 guys which I would think would entice players.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Totally agree and I've really been concerned that we aren't creating enough depth for next year. This year we had the experience from Allen, Payne, Tomlinson and Hand from rotation last year. We rarely sub out this year.

I have no earthly idea why D lineman aren't tripping over one another to come this year especially with our track record. Led the nation in sacks last year and this year. We are getting pressure with 4 guys which I would think would entice players.
That, to me, is indeed a very great mystery. Beginning to wonder if it might have something to do with Karl Dunbar (?)

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
That, to me, is indeed a very great mystery. Beginning to wonder if it might have something to do with Karl Dunbar (?)
We've all heard that this is a down year for DL. With this in mind, I don't think we should look to pick up mid range guys when difference makers at other positions are available. It just makes next year's DL Freshman and JUCO class that much more a priority. From everything I've heard about Karl Dunbar, it's been nothing but respect and admiration; why would you think he might have something to do with Bama not having a bunch of DL in the fold? If anything, I would imagine that he has not had time to win parents and kids over since he is relatively new. RTR

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Personally I think Davis is getting reps ahead of those guys because hes earned them, he didn't play much Saturday but he laid some wood to Msu o line. I hope he gets into the game earlier over the next few weeks.

I would love to add a few ready to play juco and freshman lineman, it's clearly a priority at this point and kinlaw seems to be a very good fit. Fingers crossed
I'm sure he has earned them over the other guys, but it's also and indication that they have *not* earned the game reps, especially someone like Smith, who has only played in a single game so far this year.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
We've all heard that this is a down year for DL. With this in mind, I don't think we should look to pick up mid range guys when difference makers at other positions are available. It just makes next year's DL Freshman and JUCO class that much more a priority. From everything I've heard about Karl Dunbar, it's been nothing but respect and admiration; why would you think he might have something to do with Bama not having a bunch of DL in the fold? If anything, I would imagine that he has not had time to win parents and kids over since he is relatively new. RTR
Well we are going to need to pick up somebody or we will have to suit up cheerleaders next year in order to have someone to play on the DL.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
We will have Payne and hand as the cornerstones of the DL next year. RDavis and some others will have to step up or come in for sure. We don't have enough for a starting rotation next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Awesome & welcome to Bama Javon..One thing I have complete faith in when it comes to Alabama Football, under Coach Saban & our Coaching Staff, are the absolute best in the business when it comes to DL recruiting & have no doubt Javon will add depth to our DL rotation next season as soon as he steps on campus..Can't wait to see ya help lead our offense on NC runs while you're at Bama..

It also makes it a lil bit sweeter when Javon's lead recruiter at SC is Lance Thompson when he flipped to Bama..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Don`t necessarily think so, just wondering. Some coaches are better recruiters than others. I have no idea how good a recruiter he is. Having said that, it`s been my impression that CNS puts a premium on the recruiting abilities of his assistants.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.